Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi!

so my 19 week old puppy, Stella, has of course started to loose her baby teeth in the last few weeks... but today i noticed her top front canines are quite loose, but then i read that those are supposed to come out last or something...

we do play tug of war and she really bites hard on her chew toys... should i be concerned? is it possible she loosened them up too soon?

because she's only lost maybe 5 of her front teeth, and she's lost some premolars (i think that's what the side ones are right? )... but i thought her tiny teeth in the front were supposed to be gone around 3 months or at least be gone before her canines?

i know every breed is different, i'm just concerned that some teeth loosened up prematurely.... i guess they do whatever comes naturally right?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Playing tug and chewing helps the process along greatly. I highly doubt there is any reason at all to be overly concerned. She's probably lost a lot more teeth than you realize since most teeth get eaten by the pup as they chew and they fall out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yeah she's lost a lot already, and Im sure she swallowed them since I've never seen any (except once in her stool looked like there could've been a couple in there)

She has lots of spaces between her teeth, seems to be happening quickly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts