Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I get out of the shower Spirit will lick the water off of me. Is she licking me as some sort of grooming or is she tasting me?

I realize that we are all just meat, so am I covered in "soup" after a hot shower?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Coco does the same thing. You're just a moving water bowl, IMO. Plus, the water combined with the salt on your skin probably makes it a tad more appetizing.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Abbylynn loves anyone freshly bathed or showered ... and if you use anything with fragrance I think she would like to have you for her dinner ... she won't leave you alone until you ask her to. Taste or smell? I cannot tell which.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Both our dogs do that, and even the cat. I think they just like licking up the water droplets. My big Coon cat especially likes to lick my young adult son's feet and legs when he gets out of the shower...the hairy man legs probably retain more water droplets. The cat lies in wait for him and grabs him for licking as soon as he gets out of the shower.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Lol my moms cat likes to ambush you after you get out if the shower and lick your legs. Let's say it does more than just tickle when he licks your leg with that sandpaper tongue, lol!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Heh....I've actually got the same question. If we make the mistake of not properly closing the door when we're in the shower and Caeda gets in things get messy.
She sticks her head under the shower curtain and licks legs, and will occasionally jump in lol. This of course results in water getting EVERYWHERE. If I'm soapy she tries even harder. Funny at first when that nose appears under the shower curtain, but gets really old really fast lol.
Moisturising legs after a shower....can't do that and wear a housecoat, she tries to lick it off. Crazy dog!
So my vote is tasting, and getting a drink when its just water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts