Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 126 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,335 Posts
Not for my dog so much, (she is wearing a permanent raincoat), but there is something about pugs in clothing that makes me giggle and melt.
You mean like this? :)

Or this?

Yup, he looks real miserable, hey? ;)

Oh, and for the poster who said dogs don't need boots, Kuma would beg to differ, this is what he HAS to wear to go walking in winter:

He doesn't last more than half a block without it

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Eee! Kuma's cowboy outfit is cracking me up! I like pants on a dog. . .they're just funny somehow (Summer's pirate pants, too).

·
Super Moderator
7,335 Posts
Eee! Kuma's cowboy outfit is cracking me up! I like pants on a dog. . .they're just funny somehow (Summer's pirate pants, too).
If you like cowboy Kuma, you'll LOVE Chippendale Dancer Kuma! :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Rascal is dressed(warm shirt or jacket) in the winter because we don't run the heating much and he is a cold natured dog(always buried under covers even in the summer). As to whether he feels comfortable in it or not, he'll come to me wanting his clothes on and he'll actually help me dress him when he's cold! It snowed one time here, I couldn't get Rascal out in it to do his business. So I wrapped his feet in plastic bags(the whole time he raised each paw to be wrapped, mind you, I've never done this before, and it was like he knew I was helping him) he walked a little funny, but after that, he was fine stepping in the snow. :D

How do I think of it? Well, if your dog doesn't mind it, and, well, Rascal actually needs his... why shouldn't you?

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
I think Wally would hate clothes.

I know he hated those paw protector things. He'd rather freeze his paw pads off.

Closest thing he has to clothes is his Oakland Raiders bandana.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Sounds like dogs need to be dressed up only in cold weather. But many owners put the costumes on their pets to attend some special occasions such as ceremony or friend's wedding party, and next time they won't dress the same clothes again! How they deal with these spare pet clothes? Just putting them aside is a waste! Do they contribute them to Oxfam or other organizations?

·
Super Moderator
7,335 Posts
What makes you so sure they're never worn again? Kuma's worn his cowboy costume on many occasions. And I really can't imagine any organization that would need dog costumes donated to them, LOL!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Koda loves being dressed up to the point where he brings me his sweaters. He'll duck his head down to put it threw the hole and lift each leg for there holes . How ever , if he is clearly not in the mood for it I won't bother !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Oh really?? I suppose that chasing for the latest and abandoning old thing is a kind of human nature..... maybe the charity organizations would contribute the spare pet clothes to animal shelters.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Animal shelters have no need of doggy clothes (except maybe coats, if the dogs are walked in the cold). Maybe some pet stores would re-sell gently used pet clothes. Or the owners could sell them on eBay.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Oh really?? I suppose that chasing for the latest and abandoning old thing is a kind of human nature..... maybe the charity organizations would contribute the spare pet clothes to animal shelters.
Clothing donation centers wont take the time to find another organization to take a few pieces of dog clothes. They do mass deliveries to homeless shelters they already established a connection with and resell at thrift stores for more profit. If anyone has basic sweaters though dog rescue groups probably will take them for older dogs or if you're in a colder climate.

But many owners put the costumes on their pets to attend some special occasions such as ceremony or friend's wedding party, and next time they won't dress the same clothes again!
I don't use special occasion dresses just once. I get quite some wear from it. Take a Snow White costume for example. LuLu wore it for Halloween greeting trick-o-treaters, on a Halloween walk, week after that she wore it to a Pug-o-rama, then a pug meetup, then to greet children at the door of a princess birthday party for our friends 2 year old, and a few times for entertainment. It came with a ribbon head band and she wore it around her head to the park. Now that she's passed on, Jezzy has worn the dress for Halloween(even though it's funny because she's black in a Snow White dress) and Gweeb wore the bow as a little bowtie when we first got him. Not bad use out of a $9 costume to be worn several times by 3 different dogs.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Very cute Snow Whites! It's hard to beat Pugs in costume, especially with a too-dark crappy cell phone pic, but here is the Golden Retriever version of Snow White.

[/IMG]

Or how about a custom-made bandanna that says, "Fat Old Bitch" which is what Terry jokingly calls her. I say to him, "You know, one of these days someone is going to think you are referring to me." The other side of the bandanna says, "Hand Over The Pizza" which was my choice. Jack's bandanna says "Fat Dog with Big Ears".

[/IMG]

Perhaps I should get a matching one for myself?

·
Registered
821 Posts
I like to do Halloween costumes. And sweaters or jackets for the winter.

Murphy was both a skunk and Elvis this year for Halloween:

And in the winter he has a sweater, his body is so short that it's more like a dress though...

Abbie got to be a skunk for Halloween too:

And she has a beautiful winter coat:

And Fleece Jammies:

If I had the money, I would buy Murph funny t-shirts just to wear to like family gatherings and stuff. They had one at Petsmart once that I should have bought, it said "I Chase Tail".

·
Registered
4,977 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Elvis and Skunk are too funny. I also love Abbie's winter coat.
Jack once had a run-in with a skunk, and will still growl if you say the word. There is a cruel part of me that now wants to put him in a skunk costume.

As much as I'm not really into dressing my dog too much, I am enjoying the pics.

·
Banned
7,725 Posts
Animal shelters have no need of doggy clothes (except maybe coats, if the dogs are walked in the cold). Maybe some pet stores would re-sell gently used pet clothes. Or the owners could sell them on eBay.
Eh, you'd be surprised. I work at a shelter and we have a LOT of uses for doggy clothes and we're constantly getting donations and throwing away ruined clothes. We use them for adoption events in the fall/winter or in the rain, for themed adoption events, the medium-small dogs are almost always sweater-clad in the winter since they're outside for so long, we've lost power a few times and had to put everyone in clothes to keep them warm, and we dress up dogs that are less likely to get adopted in the shelter a lot, too.
I like to do Halloween costumes. And sweaters or jackets for the winter.

Murphy was both a skunk and Elvis this year for Halloween:

I'm not going to lie, Murphy looks like a Chupacabra* here. LOL.

41 - 60 of 126 Posts