Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes Wally makes a "sound" that's just sounds like air blowing through his nose (not breathing, but it's like he's trying to make his "squeak" sound but it just sounds like air moving).

Is this a high pitched squeak so high I can't hear it. Kinda like a dog whistle where you just hear the air moving through the whistle, but not the actual whistle sound?

He sometimes does this when he's whining or if I tell him to speak and he's nervous or has to pee really, really, really bad.

·
Registered
640 Posts
My pups all do this every once in a while when they're answering a question.

When all three of them were young puppies, they didn't regulate their barks, so answering "yes" to asking them if they needed to potty was just as loud as if they were alert-barking.

As they got a little older, they would answer questions with a much quieter bark, or even an "h" sound as though they were whisper-barking... and saved the loud barks for when it was really needed. :D One of them, when I asked a question, actually made the motion of barking twice, but no sound came out... it was so charming and cute, but I figured she meant to do the quiet bark but the sound didn't come out. LOL That's a good question though about whether they're emitting a sound that we just can't hear... I always just assumed that since it happens when I'm close to them and looking right at them, they just don't think it's necessary to verbalize when I can clearly see what their answer is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts