Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a lost dog I looked after for a few hours until I found the owner. A friend thinks it is a pit. I think he is to big. I have always heard pitbulls were smaller dogs. The smaller brown dog is ben he is 22 inches high and a little under 70 lbs. I'm guessing rhino was 23/24 and probably 100-120.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
The breed standard for APBTs is 30-60lbs. However, many, many, many unethical breeders breed for size, the bigger the better. Then there's the American Bully, which is sort of its own breed and what I'd qualify the above as, but most AmBully breeders register their dogs with ADBA as APBTs, and most AmBully lines were started by adding molossers into the mix . . . it gets a bit confusing.

Short answer, yeah, that's a pit bull, just not to breed standard.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Pit bull, american bully hard to tell anymore cause of all the crappy breeding going on with the pit. It makes me sick...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would say he's an American Bully. If he's not, he's definitely a mix of Pitbull with some mastiff, bulldog, or larger breed in there. He has a very large, barrel shaped torso, so I wouldn't say pitty for sure.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Could be a horribly bred Pit aka an American Bully (I'M KIDDING AM BULLY BREEDERS! :p) or even what is known as a "Bandog" (look it up it's a real breed)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Most of America would classify that as a Pit Bull. It's either an oversized one or a heavy mix of other "Bully breeds."

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
It's not an APBT, but it is a bully breed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts