Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found 14 oz of freeze dried liver for 20 dollars. That's pretty steep. People say their dogs love it though. 14 oz just doesn't seem like a lot. Are they like potato chips where 14 oz really is quite a bit of treats, or is it more like 14 oz of butter where its only a small jarful?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I guess its up to you whether its worth the price or not, but I buy freeze dried beef liver, and sometimes freeze dried chicken for my puppy and he LOVES it. It's by far his favorite treat. The amount they give you isn't TONS but I just give him one morsel as a treat, so a package lasts about a month if I give him one piece a day. It is more expensive than most other treats though.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I can't say if it's worth the price, but my dogs LOVE it! Thing is, I can buy chicken livers and cook it and they adore that, too. It's more stinky, but it's cheap!

When I make chicken liver "brownies", I've got some attentive doggies!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Based on my dog's reaction, yup, it's worth it and if it's made with no added chemicals, it's pretty good stuff for the dog. Her favorite treats are Bravo Bonus Bites freeze dried and dry roasted buffalo, venison, & salmon.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I bought some once and Bridgette LOVED it! I don't usually buy it because of the price, but I totally just got a big tub of the all natural stuff for 7.59! It's on sale or clearance at Petsmart and it's not out of date! :)

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
My dogs love it but then, they love a lot of other treats too. I don't think it is any better then some of the other choices I have given them. I am like CrzyBritNAmerica and I get it when it is on sale. I am cheap, I only buy sale items. :) ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought a 19.5 oz bucket of Pro-treat brand beef liver treats. I think I paid $35 at PetSmart. Anyway, they're great for training, and I also use them to lure my puppy into (and sometimes out of) his crate. He can't resist even a small morsel of the liver treats. Too many liver treats gives my puppy very wet potties, so I'm very sparing with them. For long-term diversion, there's nothing like bully sticks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used to buy the freeze dried liver until my friend suggested the miracle treat - baby food.

Shop just for the basic gerber food - lamb, chicken, beef, sweet potato, whatever....

Super cheap and I freeze it to make it last. When my dog is good or does what I want, she gets a couple of licks. She goes NUTS for it. I won't buy a $30 bucket of treats anymore. Just not worth it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have made my own with my dehydrator.....One word of caution.....put your dehydrator outside.....or in a place like your 4 season room, or somewhere besides the kitchen.....OMG, it stinks so bad.....LOL.... Just buy beef liver.....put it on your fruit screen thingy (do you know what I mean?) that goes on top of the reg tray.....dehydrate till they are done in the middle...I pull them off the screen and flip here and there while they are drying.....I bagged them and stuck them in the freezer.....I just take out what I am going to use......Wilie LOVED them! Which reminds me, I have not done this in a while....Good Luck!! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts