Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an Apple fanatic but even I'm pretty disappointed with the Iphone 4S and no iphone 5.

I really don't like the form factor of the 4/4S, too angular and it hurts to hold or to put it in my jeans pocket, the edges stick out.

My iphone 3GS is about to break into pieces and I was really counting on the 5!! Now I don't know what to do. Get the 4S? or wait until next year to see if there's a new release with a new form factor?

Do you guys have any thoughts? Like it, don't like it, etc.?

I was hoping for an upgraded screen (1080p screen), different form factor and new functions that's not Siri. Imo, Siri is just useless, many companies have tried voice recognition and even my laptops have that feature but it never works...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the original iPhone which is on it's last legs. I've decided to get the 4s. While I understand people's disappointments, it does have great changes from the iPhone 4 which I wouldn't buy if I had no other choice. Sure, no iPhone 5 but it'll be out next year. I'll just wait two years for the iPhone 5s or 6 since that's when I'll be able to upgrade again.

That being said, for me, the upgrade is pretty much a no-brainer since my phone now might as well be a fossil.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I might try and wait if my phone will last. I can't get over the form factor of the 4/4S. Maybe by July next year the iphone 5 will be out...Plus here in Canada we have 3 year contracts that we can renew after you finish 2 years so I can still wait a year and still be on my contract expires and I have to renew it.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Mich, see if you can get an Otter Box, best investment I've made for my iPhone 3gs, totally encases it and the protection if gives is unbelievable (I've dropped mine several times and not a scratch). It could stretch the life of your iPhone significantly.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mich, see if you can get an Otter Box, best investment I've made for my iPhone 3gs, totally encases it and the protection if gives is unbelievable (I've dropped mine several times and not a scratch). It could stretch the life of your iPhone significantly.
I definitely need this. lol
I swear they make them slippery on purpose.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I think I am going to get one. I agree with that link above, if you have an iphone4, no you shouldn't get one because the new ios is a great leap for your current phone. I don't really care about 4g, and in the next year or two it will be time for a new phone generally anyways, like they said especially if you are on a family plan. If i had a 3gs I would probably get the new one, but if it's the shape you don't like I think you could wait until next summer, upgrading the new ios will almost be like having a new phone.

I don't have an iphone period, and assuming the 5 will just be a visual and maybe 4g change, I don't want to wait. I am not a fan of the screen to edge design over the whole phone, and also do not want a thinner ipod touch sized phone, I just need more to hold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts