Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new little girl came to us this Friday.She is an American Bulldog and is 8 weeks old and already almost as big as our Bostons.She is very sweet and gentle,loves to follow me around..whining a bit at night well alot actually in her crate which is new for me my Bostons are pretty quite.So we have alot to work on.I hate to bring her in bed with me as my bed is high off the floor and if she falls she will hurt herself.

We haven't decided on a name yet so any suggestions...

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Oh RRM, she is lovely! :) :) I think a sweet friendly name like Lucy, Lily, Ellie or something like that would be great. Sorry, I like people names and usually German names. My next girl is going to be Gretta. Your Bostons best teach her a thing or two in these first few weeks or the teachable moments will be past. lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am the same as Inga, I like people names for dogs and usually the ones that end in a 'ee' sound. However, I think names like Karen and Carol are hilarious too.

·
Banned
749 Posts
I am partial to the name Lola. I would think that when she is a big girl the name would fit her even better. She might walk like a lady but she will definitely talk like a man.

Now depending on your age you will know where I obtained the second sentence from.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should add that we have 2 bostons that are named "libby" short for Liberty and a Lucy ;).Yes we love her till nighttime... hahaha (she is a loud whiner)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
She's very cute! I like Alice for her. :)

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
She's a cutie pie! I like the name Lily, it matches your "L" name theme too :p But if you wanted something different I think some names that suit her are:
- Gabby
- Avery
- Ava
- Tosha
I'm also partial to greek/roman god/goddess names for bully breeds.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Well if you are looking at staying with the "L" theme you might try
Lynn
Laurie
Lorne
Louise
Loral
Lane
:) :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
OMG call it IZZY

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Awwww she's so cute!!!! Some names I like are::
Cherry
Barbie
Fairy
Minnie
Daisy
Pixie
Candy
Poppy
Ruby
Posie

If you'd like to stick with L's::

Lily
Leah/Lia (lee-uh)
Laya (lay-uh)
Lola
Lyla/Lila
Lora/Laura
Lanie/Laney
Lexie
Lena
Lacey

(I'm a member of a babyname site...that's where I got all those L names from :p)

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I am partial to the name Lola. I would think that when she is a big girl the name would fit her even better. She might walk like a lady but she will definitely talk like a man.

Now depending on your age you will know where I obtained the second sentence from.
Lalala la Lola.....girls will be boys and boys will be girls...its a mix up, muddled up, shook up world ....except for Lola .....:D

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spicy as far as I know (her parents/grandparents) she is not for working lines.We purchased her as a pet for our boys (as they consider the bostons mine) but of course mom will be doing the training ect... and as a deterent for anyone looking to get in our house or yard (I have had people try to snach my bostons) and the breed standard ect just matched what I was looking for in a larger dog :)

I am really trying to decide now what type of diet to go with I am tempted to do RAW possibly with all the dogs.I am just not satisfied with results that I am getting from kibble...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Shes beautiful, I like Lola as well : )

1 - 20 of 23 Posts