Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so there is a big back story to this girl, which can be found here.

Basically the gist is... I believe she is a litter mate of Oakley's, but, I think she may be too young. Will find out more on Saturday when we get the Vet's estimation of her age. Sunshine is the fatter one, with the shaved belly. She needs a brushing badly in these shots, I hit her with the furminator for a good 20 min and there's still more to go. (not pictured here) I took her to the vet before I came home just to get a check on her spay (as she was spayed at my vet's office) and to put her on the scale to see how much she weighed. I initially guessed 60lbs when I met her, and when I threw her on the scale... 59lbs. Pretty heavy for such a little dog.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
She is SO CUTE! I'm so thrilled that you got her, I've been waiting to hear how everything turned out. :D Looks like they are best buds already!

I would have fallen for her too. That face...! :D

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Yay! I'm glad it worked out for you. :) And that they seem to get along. Such cute pics! Is Sunshine the lighter or darker dog? The lighter one, I'm guessing, but I want to check.

I recently got my second dog, and while they initially got along, there have been some bumps when Cupid realized the new guy was staying. So don't be surprised if that's the case with Oakley. Since Oakley and Sunshine play well together, though, the transition may go smoothly. Just wanted to prepare you for a bump or two.

Congrats on the new addition!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yea, I would have posted them sooner, but it's only now that I finally got to sit down. It's been one crazy non-stop day... that's about to start all over again.

Yay! I'm glad it worked out for you. :) And that they seem to get along. Such cute pics! Is Sunshine the lighter or darker dog?

I recently got my second dog, and while they initially got along, there have been some bumps when Cupid realized the new guy was staying. So don't be surprised if that's the case with Oakley. Since Oakley and Sunshine play well together, though, the transition may go smoothly. Just wanted to prepare you for a bump or two.

Congrats on the new addition!
Oh,. there have been bumps.. once they got tired of playing, there started to be a bit too much teeth, and I've pretty much had to isolate them for the night just so they could each rest, as it seems they are like kids, really too tired to be awake, but still trying to play anyway and being really cranky about it. She is being a bit of a pain about hounding Oakley, trying to dominate him, and he is being a pest to her when she's finally being good, by coming up and taking a nip at her, possibly to show that he's boss. I know that he wasn't too happy with how much time I had to give to her, and I felt bad, but I know she needed it being her first day. In all honesty it couldn't have been a worser night for me to adopt her. With my better half working till 9pm, and me being on call, as well as having a contractor over working on my house. I was being pulled in too many directions with having to deal with the dogs. If it weren't for my mom I don't know what would have happened tonight. Glad she came over.

Edit: and Sunshine is the lighter coloured dog, she can also be distinguished by her fatness, fluffyness and shaved belly.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, how do you tell them apart? :p They look like they're having so much fun together.
Honestly it's a bit of a pain at the moment on quick glances or when they're running and playing in a flurry. I'm usually having to do a double take when I look at them, to ensure I am seeing the dog I thought I saw. lol.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
This really was meant to be... I mean, what are the chances... I don't even know you, except for the forum, but I'm so excited and happy things are working out!!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
i would be willing to bet (and i'll be surprised if you find out otherwise) that they are siblings....i thought so from the 1st postings on her.....but they sure look like they're having a grand time (get ready for double trouble:D)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's very sweet! Not only that a story behind about adopting your new addition! It is great you have two youngster what a good start they will have a tight bond :) They're also beautiful girls hehe :)

I wish you luck!
ahem... the darker one is actually a boy... :p although one that cannot reproduce. Thanks for the luck :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Introducing Juno, Ft. Oakley

Okay... correction.. Sunshine's name is now to be Juno, after a long debate with my significant other, and me suggesting countless names, and rejecting the list she had made up, we have settled on Juno. I mean, Annie would have been cute, but... she was against it due to a certain weird memory that comes to her mind whenever she hears Annie Oakley, and I found it to be a bit too 'common' for my liking. I like to have unique animal names. I mean, my previous dog that I named when I was 4, was Raphael. Named after the red ninja turtle, however as I got older, I said he was named after the famous painter. :D

So... Introducing (again)... *drumroll*... Juno.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
They're so cute! I've got this urge to get a second dog, but I have to wait at least a year... I'll have to live out my dog urges vicariously through DFers!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Re: Introducing Juno, Ft. Oakley

Such a pretty girl... Oakley is very handsome, as well- we really don't see enough pictures of him! Great new name for her too. I hope the integration is going well, and I hope to see lots more pictures :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh I'm sorry, I thought the shelter made a mistake to call her a girl? I'm bit confuse now. Anyways I think Juno suits her! We need to see more pictures of your two soon!
lol.. probably my fault.. plus they're so similar...

Oakley is the boy, we got him 3 months ago, he's the darker, slender looking dog, he has more Shepherd in him. Juno (formerly Sunshine) is the lighter, fluffier, fatter one that we just got yesterday, she has more Husky in her. The shelter had her listed as female, but my friend made the mistake when she sent me the picture and information that she was a he.

This is Oakley...

and this is Juno.

And to all the requests to a few more pics of Oakley, here's some from his lazy Sunday afternoon after a 6km walk. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
They are both so adorable!!! I can't wait to see more pics of them together. You must be a proud parent to have such a beautiful pair of dogs! (I bet you're going to be asked ALL THE TIME on walks, "What breed are your dogs?") :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts