Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say hello to Sally, my little dotey!

She's an absolute dote. She's been trained to sit, lie down, stay, sit at the door when she wants to be left out, leave food, give the paw and even give a high five since she was about ten weeks old, and people have the cheek to say they're a stupid breed! :eek: She even stopped me from setting my toast on fire once, the minute she saw the smoke she started barking and ran over to me.

Unfortunately, she's had her own series of unfortunate events!
She's been shot a few times with pellet guns, been kicked and badly briused down one side, she's been poisoned, had to have those, ah, thumbs, i suppose, removed from her two front paws, and this monday she's getting pins in her hips :( But she's a brave little soldier, and hopefully everything will be lovely grand afterwards :)

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
She's adorable, where are you that people have been so mean to her?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's adorable, where are you that people have been so mean to her?
We're living in an awful estate, drugs and drink everywhere and we can't get out >.<
I've often been in the garden with her and randomers would just fall off the garden wall and try to kick her, I don't understand how people can live without morals and hurt animals like that :mad:

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Are you in Great Britain, the US or Australia? Keep a large stick or some pepper spray with you, next time one of those 'beings' tries to hurt her, use it (you can always say they were attacking you).

·
Registered
566 Posts
She's adorable!! I never heard that the Cavalier was a stupid breed! I heard that they like to stray, but that doesn't mean their stupid. It's part of their hunting instinct!!

My Kina is part Cavalier and Bichon and learnt to fetch at 8.5 weeks, something I've never been able to teach Sadie, who's bichon/Lhasa!!

I'm with Carla with the stick and pepper spray!!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I never heard that the Cavalier was a stupid breed!
They're not stupid, just easily distracted :p You also have to remember that the vast majority of Cavs that people meet are very poorly bred and a high volume of owners only get them for the cuteness factor and never bother to train them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts