Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
It's right for a American Bully. If this was a APBT/AST then no it would be too short. SBT... well, you can tell it's not an SBT.

And as Keechak said "Pit Bull" is describing a few different breeds (well over 20 lol) not a breed in itself.
Well, the saying "you learn something new every day" holds true. I was not aware that Pit Bull wasn't a breed. I read on here the distinction made by some, but didn't fully understand. I think Grimm is going to turn out to be an outstanding look dog, no matter what the breed...:D

Well i can't add much more to this story but i love to hear these types of stories and wanted to congratulate you on both your deed and your dog!! He looks like a sweetie (as are most of them by the way). Good luck and enjoy him!

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I've always thrown the term pit bull around without ever knowing of the difference either. It's good to learn something new everyday!

I posted two ads and had a few calls most wanting to know if they can have him. One person thought he might be their dog but said he had no proof but wanted to come see him. I didn't feel right about it and something wasn't sincere about his tone. I tend to go with my instincts on that sort of thing.

I don't know about you guys but I have folders and stacks of photos of my pups on the computer and on regular film as well as tags/records as some form of proof. I find it hard to believe someone can have a dog and have zero proof that they have owned it. :rolleyes:

Yeah I would stay far away from people like that... people look for adds re "pits" all the time for fighting and will say "oh yeah thats my dog.. I love him.. but uh no I've never brought him to the vet so I don't have records nor do I have pics".

I think whoever owned him doesn't deserve to have him back anyways.. they let him get in such bad shape with his skin problem so they probably weren't the best of owners.

errrggg...the whole "pit bull" is several breeds or a "type" is not a universally accepted idea. there are several schools of thought on the issue and they all have about the same amount of supporters..

the "type" of dog in question is "bull and terrier" if you roll with the defined by ancestry crowd...which i do...because its less confusing and a bit more literal...a bull and terrier breed is simply one whose founding breeds were bulldog and terrier breeds.

Pit Bull is a nickname for the American Pit Bull Terrier...and imo using it as a description of breed type is partially responsible for some of the confusion involved in things like BSL.

your boy looks very very much like an American Bully or one of the fighting crosses you often see in the hands of gangbangers. thank you for rescuing.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.