Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just picked up Layla from the Kalamazoo Animal Rescue on Friday 4/24 and already she is adapting great. She is a very friendly, happy dog that is smart.
People in the neighborhood are meeting her and being won over. Along with her personality, she also is a pretty girl, with a beautiful coat.

The foster home said they thought Layla was a Plott Hound mix and I can see that in her coat, her interest squirrels and the way she eats so fast

Our previous dog was Boots, our beloved deerhound mix that we said goodbye to back in February. Layla is our new love, but Boots will be a treasured memory for the rest of our lives.

It is a pleasure to be here.

Mike

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Layla is beautiful. I'm glad she's adapting so well.

I'm sorry about your loss of Boots.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Good luck with lovely Layla she is a cutie.:D

I feel for you regarding Boots; we lost our darling girl, Mathilda in February and she is missed dearly...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Layla is a beautiful girl! And her brindle coat is so pretty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Layla is a beautiful girl! And her brindle coat is so pretty.
It is a pretty coat, but you should see her in person, the photo does not do her justice.

And to everyone, thanks for the welcome, the compliments on Layla and the sympathy for the loss of Boots.

These are turbulent times and having a great dog in your life is a very stabilizing thing.

Mike

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi!........Welcome to you & Layla....(very nice name);)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Layla is gorgeous!!

She looks nothing like a Plott Hound, though. Looks like an American Pit Bull Terrier (mix).

This is a Plott:

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Welcome Mike and Layla. You are right, she is a beautiful girl. Boots was a very handsome fellow as well. I love his little scruffy face. Rest in peace little man.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Is she named after the song "Layla"? I've always wanted to name a pet that, but the right pet hasn't come along for that name yet! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts