Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I am not totally sure how this will go down, but here goes!

I am picking up my Bullmastiff tomorrow (male, seven months old) and my partner has an eleven year old mastiff, female who doesn't really like other dogs at all. She will bark and bark even if she sees one two hundred yards down the street!

Thing is, she has co-habited with other dogs before in the past and I am wondering what the best way to introduce the two together is to see if this is possible, whether it is in her own home (moo's) or a casual meet in the park but she is most agressive there.

Ideally, I would like to be able to stay at my partner's house weekends and we not have to worry that they will argue, or get upset - although poor miss moo has not got many teeth left now! I do not want to stress her out as she is pretty old!

Any suggestions would be really helpful!

Deanne

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou for the great advice. I shall try both, we do have a baby gate (to keep moo in and out of the kitchen!) like I said moo is a lovely old girl and I don't want to be stressing her out but I think she will love him in the end, I am willing to be patient and persevere.

I know how to 'handle' mastiffs quingcong, it is just introducing them in the best way I did not really know, I am sure everyone here has had learning curbs with dogs from time to time! But I shall take the great advice you have given me and use it well. Thank you very much :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts