Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! It's so nice to join this forum and meet you all. My name is Rosalyn and I have two rescues, one from the streets and one from negligence.

Caesar is a medium sized mix breed, who followed us home in October 2016. He has quite a few behavioral issues, but we're working hard to fix them. Most of his aggression and lunging stems from fear, so if you have any tips for building confidence in dogs, please let me know! We feed him raw and supplement with fish oil and Velcote, which I strongly recommend for dogs with a sparse coat or are dropping unhealthy amounts of fur. We're really new to this whole raw diet thing, so please be patient with us! :)

In February 2017, I met Penne in an acquaintance's house, who kept her in 1x2 feet wired cage. During the few times I visited her previous owner before bringing Penne home, her plight was so pitiful that I filled up the food and water bowls myself. Her water bowl had been empty long enough that there would be dust collecting on it. After bringing her to the vet, we found out she had a yeast infection, uterus infection, and a jagged bladder stone that took up 70% of her little bladder. She could not walk more than three steps without peeing a few drops of bloody urine. We got all the necessary ops done, and she's now thriving(mostly) on her BARF raw crocodile meat.

Please look after us! :)

http://instagram.com/puppy.pantry

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Most of his aggression and lunging stems from fear, so if you have any tips for building confidence in dogs, please let me know!
I found the booklet "The Cautious Canine" by Patricia McConnell quite helpful when dealing with my dog's fear issues. I just bought it on Amazon. You can also just google "confidence-building games for dogs" and should be able to find some useful information there. Just be sure to only use the games that use positive reinforcement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts