Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Shiba mix, Sophie, has some interesting behaviors.

1. Post walk in the AM: Wife walks her, and I am getting ready for work. Dog must come up to see that I am there. Usually jumps about a bit and furiously wags her tail to say I had my morning walk and am so happy. Once she's confirmed I'm there, she goes back downstairs and plays with our other dog Odin (Papillion mix).

2. Sophie sleeps upstairs in our room at nite, on her own bed. Occasionally if my wife or I is out in the evening, we will read our kids to sleep in our CalKing bed. If the kids are in the bed, on my side, Sophie barks at them until we move them over to my wifes side or move them into their own bedrooms. I don't have to be laying in the bed, but no one can sleep on my side...

3. Pogo stick like jumping: When Sophie is happy she jumps straight up. Literally up. like 4 ft.. is that normal?

What kind of strange behaviors do your dogs have?

·
Registered
339 Posts
My dog, Wicket, does the same in the after every walk, boyfriend there or not. Once I'm done cleaning her off she absolutely HAS to run around like a maniac for a minute then suddenly plop down exhausted, I guess she's celebrating another successful pilgrimage, LOL. After any sort of grooming, she does her crazy pup run, lots of spinning around, chasing her tail, and running around with her face planted to the floor... I guess celebrating the fact she's clean. Also, Wicket insists on chewing her rawhides and bones on me, never on my boyfriend, only me. Lastly, sometimes she likes to randomly jump into our tub for no reason. 50% of the time she can jump out, the other 50% she can't and waits for me to rescue her, lol.

And I think it's normal that Sophie can jump 4ft in the air, she must be very athletic. Though, she might just be overexcited and have a little too much energy, so she jumps incredible heights to burn it off, lol. More exercise is always good :D

·
Registered
591 Posts
My Sophie,10 lb poodle/bichon mix , is flat out loony. She takes off several times aday and just runs loops through the house. She can jump high enough to steal stuff off high tables and counters and loves to counter surf looking for loot. She hates to go poo outside in the winter so she starts by lifting one back leg out of the snow, then the other until she is balancing on her 2 front legs ( its hysterical to watch ) and I have caught her trying to balance on ONE paw. She steals random things, mainly wrappers if she can get them and stashes them in her crate. She has to sleep under the covers at night spooning me and growls if I make her move and I have to remind her its MY bed. She even tried to adopt a vole that one of my cats brought in alive one day !!! All this and I still wouldnt trade her for the world though my Lab my disagree with this lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts