Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Haha that is kinda funny.
I guess I can see why they'd say that (big dogs, might knock a kid down)... but they should use different pictures at least.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Kinda not really related, but I always like those people that say their dog is "spaded". A neutered female is a neat trick, though. :)
Maybe they are not from USA, many people come from other countries. Since they don't have the distinctions like here and dogs male or female are called neutered I don't see a reason to jump on them.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
"Neutered" is appropriate for either gender. Like "de-sexed", it means basically "neutralized" :p . "Spayed" is NOT appropriate for males, though, LOL. I have seen ads for "Free cat. Male, spaded." Yeah :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
"Neutered" is appropriate for either gender. Like "de-sexed", it means basically "neutralized" :p . "Spayed" is NOT appropriate for males, though,
Right...saying their female was castrated...well now that would be interesting :p

Craigslist never ceases to amaze...I saw a 9 yr old female yellow lab up a while ago...owners claimed to not have time for her...with an "adoption fee" of $300. Talk about trying to profit off a family member...then there was the Weim "breeding pair" up for sale...

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
"Neutered" is appropriate for either gender. Like "de-sexed", it means basically "neutralized" :p . "Spayed" is NOT appropriate for males, though, LOL. I have seen ads for "Free cat. Male, spaded." Yeah :rolleyes:
What if they did it with a spade?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Yeah, "spaded" and "pure bread" always gives me a chuckle.

Less amusing was an ad in my area from someone who wanted to rehome their 11-year-old pom because he didn't get along with their new puppy. :mad:

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Unbelievable... Someone else posts the thread, 15 people comment, I make a comment, and I get jumped on for "jumping on" a freaking craigslist advertiser? Am I on some dogforum.com blacklist?
Well you were the fourth post so I dunno about the "15 people" bit :p but I think the point was that the thing you were critiquing wasn't actually wrong in the first place, as female dogs can most certainly be neutered.

Sometimes it's best to just take comments at face value and not too personally:eek:

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts