Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Interceptor is experiencing a shortage since they shut down production , I am looking for alternatives. I am hoping to find something that also prevents whipworm as we fostered a dog a few months ago that had it and we are not sure if we collected and disposed of all her fecal matter.

Anyone have experience/comments about Advantage Multi? Our dogs are pretty active so I have been hesitant to give them topicals (since it might end up all over our furniture), but I can give it a shot. Or is there some other product we can give with something like Heartgard to prevent whipworms?

The receptionist at the vets office didn't really have any suggestions about whipworm prevention but was trying to push ProHeart 6 (active ingredient moxidectin).

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I use advantage multi on my little dogs and am very pleased. Right now I know that have deals on it buy a six pack get one dose free or a 12 pack and get 2 doses free. I have already stocked up on interceptor for my large breeds dogs.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I asked my vet about Interceptor the other day when we were there for Leann's physical. She called me back and said there was no recall. Oy Vey! I never said there was a recall, just a stop in production. I'm fortunate I have a year's worth. I used HeartGuard for a number of years with no problems though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts