Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay hi this is my first post but I think maybe this sort of question has come up before...

Well, I have 3 Maltese dogs a 7 year old male, a 2 year old female, and a 5 month old female. The 2 older dogs have always been on innova so I cant compare it to anything I mean they have no problems except the female has a horrible problem where sometimes she eats her "mess" we are trying to break her of the habit! but other than that there are no problems, I was wondering if Evo would be better for the puppy and the older dogs. They were okay with Innova but they have tried Evo and they seem to like it 10x more but is it okay for them? Will it maybe help Sasha (the 2 year old) with her bad habbit?

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
It's really up to you. If you want to feed high protein then use EVO. But switch the puppy to EVO when it hits a year old.

I used Innova puppy for my Papillon and then decided to switch to high protein. I chose Orijen first but EVO will be used as part of my rotation. Maybe you could try Orijen because they have a puppy formula.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I started feeding my high energy Boston Terrier Evo when he turned one year old. He'll be 17 months old tomorrow and he's doing great!

·
Registered
113 Posts
What's wrong with feeding EVO to the puppy? I'm currently feeding EVO small bites to my 6 month-old cockapoo. I wanted to give him Orijen because they have a puppy formula but he didnt like the new formula they're using.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
What's wrong with feeding EVO to the puppy? I'm currently feeding EVO small bites to my 6 month-old cockapoo. I wanted to give him Orijen because they have a puppy formula but he didnt like the new formula they're using.
Supposedly EVO has too much calcium and phosphorus which leads to very rapid growth in puppies. Their bones sprout too fast and their organs and muscles have no time to catch up so some large breeds tend to start having organ problems.

It's more severe for large to giant breeds, and usually don't affect smaller dogs as much.

Orijen food as less calcium, even the non-puppy formula.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.