Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
We have read many threads about dry foods but don't see many comments about Innova. We feed our Chihuahuas Innova red meat small bites and they seem to do really well and love to eat it. We switched to Innova about a year ago because of a possible chicken allergy.
It might be hard to find in some areas but petco stocks it.
We haven't tried any diamond products such as TOTW, 4Health, Kirkland ect. because of the past recalls and our concern about quality control.

Has anyone else tried it or are feeding it now??

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I've heard many good things about it and when I was looking for a food to change my puppy to I considered it. The one thing that stopped me was the price. I know a handful of dogs who eat it (from work) and they all do quite well on it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Innova is a great food from an ingredients and nutrition standpoint. I personally do not like Proctor and Gamble as a company and do not trust their safety/quality history in pet foods, so I avoid their products entirely. I fed EVO when Natura was it's own company and had great results. If it came down to their food being the only food that was well-tolerated by my pets I wouldn't hesitate to feed it, however due to personal beliefs I prefer not to. I have the same issue with Diamond, but for a while TOTW was the food that my dogs got the best results with so I fed it. I've since found a few other options made by companies I feel more comfortable with their track record.

Bottom line is, feed what works best for your pet. The food itself is a quality food. It is not nutritionally inadequate.

·
Registered
291 Posts
We fed it with no issues for about half a year, and I heard they were sold or whatever and started being sold in bigger pet stores. I changed mostly because of price and that our feed supply store had great stuff, so I don't know if the quality was hurt when the change was made. I would imagine it is still a good food.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's a high quality food, and if your pooch is doing well on it, there's no need to switch, but Innova is very expensive where I live, I can actually get Orijen for cheaper. If you could get Orijen cheaper, it has more meat content (even the grain free Innova has less meat than Orijen). I find the grain inclusive Innova to be pretty grain heavy, which isn't horrible, just a waste of money since a dogs body doesn't use grains. (I probably sound like I'm selling Orijen, but it really one of the very few foods that is mostly meat...which is ideal for carnivores/dogs)

My dogs couldn't handle Innova for whatever reason, but I never tried the grain free formulas. If your dog is doing well on it, and you're comfortable with what you're paying for it, it's a good quality food, so props to you! ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your replys. Innova is expensive but at our PETCO all the higher end food seems to be close in price. We were thinking about trying TOTW from our TSC store which is almost half the price as Innova, but TSC was out of the small bags so we will stick with Innova for now. I am not a fan of P&G so we will keep an eye on them. I agree that if the pups are doing good there is no need to change. We are learning a lot about pet food. Maybe too much.

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I wouldn't choose to feed Innova because of the sale to Proctor and Gamble but if your dogs are doing well on it, keep feeding it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts