Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
It is Friday and its been 6 days since my gsd got neutered. I just got him and he is a rescue, although he is friendly with me, his aggression isn't all that great yet, thus making it difficult to take to the vet. Anyway, this is his incision, can anyone PLEASE tell me if its normal? i believe he got stitches from the inside? im worried it is infected.

thanks,
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Its a little red, any worse and I would worry but there is not a lotta puffiness or oozing from the incision, and the wound edges are still tight and closed (any gaps or openings and take him in)-- gently apply alittle neosporin on it-- he may be licking-- he needs a COne or Kong collar (much better you can get them at Amazon.com or some pet stores)... Our boy got snipped last month...

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
It looks funky to me.. I'd take him in, have him assessed and ask for a cone collar.
We were told Toby didn't need a cone but I insisted that I wanted one for him and I'm glad I did because he started licking only a few days after getting snipped.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I would take him back in for the angry red.. the faster you catch it the better..
Actually yeah-- now that I look at it again-- the whole testicle area is reddish-- and if you look closely there does appear to be a bulge on one side of the incision (he may need some antiobiotics should clear that right up).... better be safe than sorry and get him in....

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I would suggest you take him back in right away. That does not look right at all. I have been working at a vet hospital for 2 years and have never seen that. It looks infected to me and he is going to need some antibiotics, and possibly pain medicine. Good luck to your baby. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.