Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've been a lurker for a couple of months now and I finally decided to sign up to share my precious babies with you guys.
This scruffy little man is Gooby.

Gooby is a Yorkshire Terrier, Dachshund, and Maltese mix. He's 8 months old and full of energy. He loves to go on walks, go on car rides, play fetch, and cuddle. He is very, very obedient and he loves learning new tricks.

Gooby at around 8 weeks.

Getting in trouble during our move!

Video games? What for? Play with meeeee.

Play with me pleeeeeease?

He loves car rides now that he has his car legs.

Gooby's favorite time to cuddle is when I'm trying to do my homework :p

Happy Holidays from Gooby~

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Aaand this tiny little marshmallow puff ball is Indiana.

He's a tri-color Papillon and is currently 2 1/2 months old. He's very, very vocal but not in a yappy barky way. He likes to growl playfully, and give high pitched squeals when he's excited. His favorite thing to do is to trick Gooby out of their bed/toys. His other interests include: sleeping, eating, and playing. He dislikes bathtime.

Indy when we first brought him home

Indy really likes sleeping.

"Where is my food?"

"I hope we buy food."

Bath time!

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Cute!! Is that a walmart(or k-mart ect..) you are in with Indiana? How in the world did you get him past the door greeter?

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
The wal-mart near me wont allow you to bring pets in. Only if they have a service dog vest. I did see one allow someone to bring there small schnauzer pup in once though because there car broke down and it was too hot for the dog to stay outside.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hm, must be different depending on what part of the country you're in. :p
Its rare for the people greeters to even stop people walking in with small dogs here.

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
It's a Walmart! Typically if you bring a dog into Walmart you can get past the door person just by saying the words "service dog" or "companion animal" they don't want to get any media backlash for "harassing" you so they let it slide. If they even say anything more than "can I pet your dog?" which is what I'm usually greeted with!

I used to work at Walmart and I learned the little "service dog" trick as it was part of our training. If customer says its a service dog, its a service dog. Don't ask questions or bother them.

^^It may be different at your local walmarts but every walmart I've been to has let Gooby and Indy in.
I would not admit to using that trick here, if I were you... most of us REALLY frown on people saying their dogs are service dogs when they are not. Some of the respected posters on this board have real service dogs, and people who lie cause problems for them.

This thread is old (so no one resurrect it, please), but worth reading if you wonder about service dogs and the laws covering them (and how people here feel when others break those laws):

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I would not admit to using that trick here, if I were you... most of us REALLY frown on people saying their dogs are service dogs when they are not. Some of the respected posters on this board have real service dogs, and people who lie cause problems for them.

This thread is old (so no one resurrect it, please), but worth reading if you wonder about service dogs and the laws covering them (and how people here feel when others break those laws):
Er, like I said.. The people greeters in my area do not even ask. If anything they ask to pet the dogs. :]
Also my boys are very well behaved at the store. They don't bark or snarl at anyone or any other dogs. If they DID show these behaviors they would NOT go into the store with me.
What you see in the picture of Indy riding on the box is exactly what he does the whole time. He sits quietly and watches everything going on. :p I do NOT go into food sections with them, we tend to stay on the general merchandise side of the store (near the garden center, pet department, etc).

Maybe I'm mistaken but your post comes off as kind of hostile... I'm not trying to offend or make anyone angry, I was asked a question and I answered it.
My answer has been removed now because I really don't want to make anyone upset or be attacked over this. ):

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Not being hostile, just giving you a heads up. That kind of comment often results in a very long, heated discussion about real vs. fake service dogs, as you can see from that (21 page!) thread about sneaking dogs into Target. Many of us here do take our companion dogs into stores, but only if dogs are actually allowed; we'd never claim our dogs were service dogs just to be able to get in.

Your dogs are adorable. I love papillons. I think my next one will be a tri.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts