Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over here at the new job I have been trying to set up the satellite (dish)
The tech came yesterday in a random vehicle not even a dish vehicle & said that he couldn't do anything because what he needed (it has to be mounted in the ground, as this is a travel trailer) he didn't have.

He then tried to blame us for not saying what we needed, when I told the rep when I set up the appointment that I needed those things. He said that it didn't show on his work order, so half of my day off yesterday was WASTED cuz of this jerkwad. >.< So now here I am waiting for him... Again... Im glad that I work where I live or i would be missing a lot of work BC of this arse hole. I swears to god that if he leaves again & i have no TV, then Im going to go postal

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
It seems to me that you get very upset over a lot of things.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alot of things have been happening, :p when it rains it pours. I just put this thread out there, to vent... & In the chance that someone else might have had this prob & can relate. Its ok if it drifts to the archives tho... I just had to vent, things yage been adding up lately.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well, I have you beat, I think.....

I paid for my mom's Dish Network. My own install took about an hour, and it was fine.... my mom's install took 3 days. Nobody could figure out why the picture was so bad. They replaced the box and the dish.... nope... still bad. On the third day they discovered what was wrong..... the installer stapled THROUGH the cables to hold it to the wall.... about 10x. As soon as they put new cable in, and stapled AROUND the cable, all was good.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Some of the technicians are subcontracted by Dish/DirecTV etc and just live in immediate area. Don't have a clue as to how they check their qualifications. It might help you a bunch to shop around for your own qualified guy. Living in a rural area a few years back I had a 70 ft tower put up for a WiFi and HD-TV setup and the tech that did it also had part time job working for Dish etc the difference is I lucked out and he is a sharp rascal who knows what he's doing. Good news is with unemployment being what it is there are people out of work (if you can find them) that will even work for cash and are qualified. The fun is in the pickin.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
She's had a heck of a lot to be upset about lately. She's handling it better than I probably would!

Sorry they sent you an a$$hat of a tech :( Maybe you can call the main office and make sure they know what the heck they're doing before they show up next time. I dont watch TV, but the sound of it in the background is comforting :) and I wouldnt want to be in a new home without it.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Pssst.

If they don't have a work order for your technician, then nothing points in your direction if he were to 'disappear'.

I'm just saying.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pssst.

If they don't have a work order for your technician, then nothing points in your direction if he were to 'disappear'.

I'm just saying.
Im sorry, I dont know what that means lol lol. All of them had a work order that they showed to me, if that helps.

Update: finally have TV yaaaay! We aren't in here alot (only from 11am-2pm & from 4pm-10pm... Bed time) but its still nice to be able to watch our fsve shows now lol. The guy who came was very nice, thorough &
If we have any probs, we have a local office # & his personal #.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts