Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had my dog neutered on Monday, it is now Saturday. he licked his site while we were sleeping and so i took him to the vet. they gave us antibiotics as a precaution and another cone. well last night he got around his cone and licked again. now it is opened but no blood or oozing. he is on the antibiotic so i'm not worried about infection. my question is how serious is this? would it be deemed an emergency BC his vet is closed today.

·
Registered
17,901 Posts
i had my dog neutered on Monday, it is now Saturday. he licked his site while we were sleeping and so i took him to the vet. they gave us antibiotics as a precaution and another cone. well last night he got around his cone and licked again. now it is opened but no blood or oozing. he is on the antibiotic so i'm not worried about infection. my question is how serious is this? would it be deemed an emergency BC his vet is closed today.
You should see your vet, if at all possible, but after nearly a week if a neuter incision is open it's not a huge huge deal. Keep an eye on him and pay attention, but I doubt they'd restitch at this stage anyway.

But! I am NOT NOT NOT a vet and this is NOT professional advice, and it is ALWAYS safer to go to the vet than to ask advice from the internet.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Take him to a vet. It's always safer to go to a vet then seek advice over the internt. They may re-stitch. They may use tissue glue. They made do nothing. I have no idea... there are cone alternatives you can buy if they do re-stitch. The power of Google!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts