Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My name is Michelle and I'm from Michigan. My fiance and I just got out new puppy, Cato, a week ago. He is such a sweet boy and we love him to pieces <3

We already have 3 cats, and after being introduced, they've pretty much been hiding, but they started to come out yesterday and everything is good.

We took Cato to the vet yesterday, and were told he has a grade 2 heart murmur, I've been reading like a crazy person online (that's how I found this forum) and managed to calm down a little from my initial freakout, although I am still worried. I hope he will be ok because he is already a big part of our family and I already love him so much!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Also, congratulations on your new family member. Cute pup. Remember the more pictures posted here, the better. That way those of us who WANT a puppy can hold off a little longer by living through your fun with you. What did the vet say about Cato's heart murmur? I know that many dogs live with heart murmurs, as do people.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I will post more pics soon:) He didn't really say much, it wasn't our "usual" vet. I'm going to get him in to our vet next week. He said it was a grade 2 murmur, and that it might go away on it's own, sometimes they do, or it might not, we'd just have to keep an eye on it and see. Thank you for responding!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I know another Siberian in Michigan named Cato! lol Welcome to the forum.

Grade 2 isn't that bad - what your vet was referring to when he said it "might go away" is that puppies get what is known as "flow murmurs" and if that's what he has it should be gone by 6 months of age.

My girl had a 3/5 murmur that never went away and she sees a cardiologist just like a person with a murmur would!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Cute, Cute, Cutie Pie, Cute! :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone! I'm so happy to say that we went to the Vet yesterday (our Vet) and she listened forever but said she didn't hear a heart murmur AT ALL! YAY!!!! I'm so thankful it seems to have gone away already!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts