Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
Not the only pup that would lay in his poop.. Major GSD was a Nov litter, so they never potty trained them as pups, let them have the entire basement/closed garage area to potty in before coming home to me.. So he thought pooping inside was normal.. No matter how many times I take him outside he not potty, but come right back inside and do his little circle/sniffing around to potty in the house.. I just had to be there to see him and get him to follow me outside to potty and even then he would not go since I stopped him inside and we have to come back in just for him to go back in to circle/sniff to get him to race with me back to the door out to go potty and eventually he would.. His nick name for a very long time was Major poo poo ... it was a trying time working with him. but there was no other choice but to continue to work with him until he got it... Riding in the vehicle was the other thing with him do everything I could to get him to go potty prior to a car ride, with no luck getting him to potty,, Get him in the SUV and get 1/2 block from the house he would poop and lay in it ... Diaper bag with cleaning supply and wipes for Major always in the truck ... Your not alone if that helps at all.... I Know the stress of the vehicle set the poop evacuation off to understand why he was pooping within 1/2 block from the house, after spending 2 hours at home trying to get him to poop before we got in the truck :) He did turn out ok,, for some odd reason he absorbed all the training in an extreme way...that any time I was grooming him at home getting ready to take off for a local dog show,, he would poop several times lol and never had to poop or pee while at the show... Such a strange loveable dog... Am glad your dog is healthy. I would stay with your training, trying to keep the marked schedule and reward system going being mindful if changes need to be made.... Stress factor can play into elimination would think Gordans are excitable happy pleasing type of breed?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.