Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knew that an overexcited border collie cross could do such damage. There i was bending over to put the Jackrussells jacket on when the last thing i saw was a smiling border flying through the air on a collision course with my face.

Blood spurted everywhere and tears sprung to my face, as i screamed i saw the dogs scatter, apparently the others learnt by example, that it was a bad move. I called the neighbour, who's husband is a nurse and he fixed me up....as the hospital is a 5 hour drive....so yeah..I currently am not speaking to Nelson ;)

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Aw man, nose injuries are the worst. Not only do they hurt like heck, but your whole face ends up bruised and battered.

It seems this isn't an uncommon accident with dogs, though. I've heard many a horror story that involved bending over and getting cracked in the face when the big dog tilts HIS head up to meet you, or a situation similar to yours.

My sympathies, hope it heals up fast!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
All I can say is a sympathetic ouch. I've had my collies hit me in the nose in the past but lucky for me not as badly as you got it. Hope you feel better very soon.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Oh you poor thing (OUCH)! I've had my lip split, my eye glasses jammed, and boy, that smarts. A friend's Standard Poodle (still a pup) came running down the hill when she called, and couldn't stop in time - slammed into her and broke her leg!

·
Registered
146 Posts
OUCH! I know how you feel. My rottie pup did this to me the other day. I was leaning over to clip on her lead and she got excited and raised her head really fast, popped me right in the kisser. I feel for ya. I hope you heal fast.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Oh wow that SUCKS!!!! Seriously though, how long are you actually going to be able to stay mad at that little cutie?

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
Oh you poor thing! I had my nose broken playing basketball, the guy must have though it was WWE instead of bball..he head butted me on the way to the hoop...it HURTS and it hurts for a good long time (sensitive place.)

Since you didn't go to emerg...please be sure that you can breathe through both nostrils..if there is any displacement your nose will need to be "set" before a week or so passes so it heals properly. I needed surgery to fix mine (very displaced).

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
OUCH!! I know I've bonked heads pretty hard with my dogs, but fortunately not on my nose. That sounds painful!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Ouch! At least he was smiling when he did it!

I have to take my dogs out on long leashes because the grass is just going in and I think the cord leash might amputate my leg one day!

Are you speaking to him yet??

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Lol, ooh, I'm sorry! XD Ive never been seriously injured by a dog, but my boyfriends sister's Aussie certainly roughed me up on quite a few occasions! I've been whacked in the face, used as a ramp to launch off the couch (Causing several long, deep scratched down my back!), herded until I fell, and most recenty, PUNCHED in my open eye with her front paw, which includes lots of fur and overgrown claws. I had a cut on my eyelid and fur in my eye, and couldn't see for a good twelve or so hours. I considered going to the hospital, but the next morning it felt okay.

Hope you get to feeling better, seems like sometimes the dogs are out to get us, doesn't it? Lol :D

·
Banned
749 Posts
I called the neighbour, who's husband is a nurse and he fixed me up....as the hospital is a 5 hour drive....so yeah..I currently am not speaking to Nelson ;)

With a hospital being a five hour drive away I would hope that if it was something serious they would fly a helicopter in.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With a hospital being a five hour drive away I would hope that if it was something serious they would fly a helicopter in.
Oh they do, but i'm pretty sure border collie induced broken nose would be laughed at and hung up on...I'm talking to him again...he keeps grinning...it's impossible to stay mad, my nose is ok, he said that he could feel the fracture but it wasn't fully split or something...so yay

·
Registered
172 Posts
Oh they do, but i'm pretty sure border collie induced broken nose would be laughed at and hung up on...I'm talking to him again...he keeps grinning...it's impossible to stay mad, my nose is ok, he said that he could feel the fracture but it wasn't fully split or something...so yay
I'm glad you're going to be OK. Ouch! Gir has broken my toe twice, and she's hit me in the face pretty hard a few times (so hard I was amazed she didn't break any of my teeth). She's a rambunctious, very affectionate pit bull mix, so I am usually covered in bruises.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
My horse cracked me in the face before and cracked the bone around my eye. It freakin' hurt!!!! Sorry you're going through this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts