Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Roxxy has been doing very well during the t-storms we have had the past few days. Granted, I have not been home, but in the past, when I got home after an afternoon storm, she was still panting and shaking some.

Last night I drove home in rain and thunder (nothing real bad) but when I got home, Roxxy was just glad to see me (and panting so I thought aw crap). We went to the bedroom and when I touched her, she was NOT shaking. There were a couple more semi-loud rolls of thunder but she never batted an eye.

If I know a storm is coming, I will put on her Wonder Woman Cape (specially if it's going to happen in the wee hours of the morning) to continue to keep her calm.

For those of you not familiar with her cape, here is a picture.

Doesn't she look like Wonder Woman??!! :D

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Nice cape! All she needs is the Lasso of Truth and the cuffs and you'd be in big trouble!

So glad to hear she's doing better.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How cool!! That's great!!

She looks very pretty :D
Roxxy says "aww shucks, yer gunna make me blush sayin purty thangs like that!" We're right in our hurricane/t-storm period and I really don't want to go through it with her scared all the time. It wears me out.

Nice cape! All she needs is the Lasso of Truth and the cuffs and you'd be in big trouble!

So glad to hear she's doing better.
Oh, Winnie, I already tell her and Butch everything. She doesn't need anything else! :D

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Great news. Really awesome how much of a difference it makes! If only the Wonder Woman cape worked for fireworks, too..

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why do those capes work? Is it the feeling of support to the body that calms them?
It's the "metallic" lining of the cape that is supposed to help diffuse the static electricity and barometric changes a dog can feel. Now, instead of getting agitated when the storm is coming (prior to thunder) she is calm until she actually hears the thunder and as soon as the noise stops, she is calm again.

MM, I didn't try it on fireworks because the noise wasn't too loud at my house (and everyone seemed to obey the law in my neighborhood).

This is how she is before and after the thunder noise...

You can go to stormdefender.com if you need more info or know anyone who it might help. Roxxy doesn't mind wearing it; however, Butch hates it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts