Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning Ripley was walking around the kitchen kind of prancy...with a furry tail in his mouth. No furry body, just a tail. I kind of threw up a little bit in my mouth. Outdoors I don't think this would have bothered me, but according to my cat, the rest of whatever it is is still in my house, possibly under or inside the sofa. My husband is dealing with it now, I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
That made my day. I'm SO sorry for you, but I love it. It's still under the sofa. And of course the husband is dealing with it. My cat is great at spotting the bugs for my husband to deal with :)

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
A disembodied tail?

I'd be a little grossed out too, especially if the body that tail belongs to his hidden somewhere inside.

I mean, if Wally suddenly came up to me with a tail in his mouth, yeah, I'd probably have the same reaction.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Oh, bless the cat! You wouldn't want to find it by smelling it in a few days...

LOL That's funny! But I gotta tell you, there's nothing like waking up at 2 AM to the scuffling of the dogs, turning on the light and finding a HUGE dead RAT on the living room floor, brought in as a present to me... Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I am the same way when gross stuff is in my kitchen. I was dog siting a Boxer awhile back, and she isn't 100% house broken...and pooped in my kitchen. Oh my gosh...I almost gag-puked. I guess it's true...you don't mind your own baby's poop, but when it's someone else's baby's poop....ugh!!!!

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, bless the cat! You wouldn't want to find it by smelling it in a few days...
That still may be the case, the hub couldn't find anything. I'm really hoping the cat finished it...we're thinking chipmunk...and I don't find it in the pantry or a laundry basket or something a couple days from now.

We had mice at my old house. We thought just one that got in, but we put traps out and we were getting one every night for weeks. I hated killing them, they were cute.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well DH found it and got it outside. It's tail is skinned *gag*, no idea how that's going to turn out, but it was running around and ran into a hole in the wall between my house and the neighbors.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
A few days ago I saw Hawk chewing something in the living room I say "Hawk! what do you have! Drop it!" I go pick it up and it's a very mangled mouse head.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts