Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so proud of my little girl. If we are going to leave, we always put her in her crate. She has been in her crate for up to 4 hours. Today, the circumstances were a little different. We both had to work and Stella was going to be home alone from 1-sometime after 7. We decided to keep her in the kitchen with her crate, a bowl of water, and her kong. We pulled up the rug and put the baby gate up to keep her in. Here is where my proudness comes in: She did not have one single accident the whole time! The only other time we did this, she was in there for 4 hours (this was when she was around 10 weeks or so) and she had an accident right in front of the door. So she knew she had to go that way to go potty.

I'm just really excited to know that when she had the whole kitchen to roam, she held it until someone came to let her out. She held it from 1-7:15. I'm pretty sure she was at her breaking point, because when she saw someone coming to let her out, she let out a little bit. She really had to go because she peed 3 times and took a big number 2!

Anyway, YAY STELLA!:D

·
Registered
252 Posts
What kind of dog is your Stella? We have a Stella too! She's a schnoodle!

I just LOVE the name Stella!!!!! So cute for a dog!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We think she is some sort of Terrier mix. What kind, we have no idea. The rescue center said she was a spaniel/lab mix and they had all her litter mates. Sometimes she does some spaniel things. I don't know. Ha ha.

I love the name Stella too! We actually took the name from old neighbors. They had a mutt named Stella who was the same coloring as ours. Ha ha.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have a Stella, too! She came with that name when I adopted her. She is a cavalier king charles spaniel that's a retired show champ. She has a long registered name, of course, but her call name is Stella. I got her when she was 5 years old and she's 8 1/2 now. She's a registered therapy dog and has been doing it since I got her. She's the love of my life haha!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stella is a good dog name. It's cute and fun. We re-named our girl. She was first called Duna (came from a "D" Litter), but it didn't seem to fit her well. Stella is perfect for her. Tell your Stella that our Stella says "Hello!"

·
Registered
252 Posts
Let's hear it for the Stella's!!!!!!! I stole the name from my sister in law's friends daughter....

I just love it...it fits her perfectly! We get lots of "What a great name!" comments when people ask what it is.

Yay Stellas!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let's hear it for the Stella's!!!!!!! I stole the name from my sister in law's friends daughter....

I just love it...it fits her perfectly! We get lots of "What a great name!" comments when people ask what it is.

Yay Stellas!!!!!!!!
We get a lot of comments about what a good name it is too! I guess it means Star? Someone told me that. Anyway, GO STELLAS!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts