Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dogs made me so proud of them yesterday. I just have to tell everyone...

Yesterday we volunteered at a raffle for the local humane society. It was being held at a bar in one of the ski areas. My job was to cruise around the bar/restaurant area with my dogs and try to sell the raffle tickets.

This was our first time doing this, so I was paired up with a more experienced volunteer. He and I walked around a series of very crowded, noisy bar/restaurants for about 2 hours going up to people and introducing the dogs and giving our pitch for the Humane Society. I'm so proud of my dogs. This was an entirely new situation for them. They did great the whole time. They were happy to meet all of the new people. They did their job selling tickets by putting their adorable snouts in people's laps or on their arms and looking up pitifully. They didn't get flustered by the crowds or the noise or strangers petting them. The only thing they did that wasn't perfect was to hoover up all of the food crumbs on the floor. But that was only to be expected (especially from Cameron who is a shark with fur). I was watching them carefully. If they had shown ANY signs of stress I would have taken them out for a while or put them in the car. But they were great. Toby, of course, loved all of the attention.

After selling the tickets we went back into the bar to watch the raffle. Cameron stood and watched everyone. He didn't sit or lie down, but he wasn't upset at all. He was just curious. Toby was so UNstressed that he laid down amidst everything and went to sleep. In fact, he was so relaxed that he rolled over on his back and slept all splayed out. (Which made a few people get up to come over and rub his belly.)

I hadn't known quite what to expect from them, especially Cameron. I am just so pleased that it went so well. AND my partner told me that we collected about $500, which is much more than they usually make at these events. Yay!

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Way to go Cameron & Toby! That is great. I don't think Roxxy would have been a good fit for something like that but Butch would have been a crowd pleaser...he loves EVERYONE! Glad it turned out so well.

And it should be a great BIG brag...they done good, IMHO.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Nice job! I would be over the moon if I could get Poca to do that. I bet the people loved seeing your beautiul pups, too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts