Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this past Saturday while I was driving down the road I live on, I spotted some very young puppies (probably just 2-3 weeks old) laying in the road. I slammed on the brakes and I saw a few more in the ditch. I had somewhere to be, but I decided when I was done I was going to pick the puppies up and take them to the humane society. By the time I got back (which was probably about 2 hours) the puppies were nowhere in sight. It has literally been eating me up inside wondering what has happened to them. So Monday I was looking on Craigslist and lo and behold, there sit the very puppies I had saw in the road listed as Great Pyrenees mixes, they are only 3 weeks old, and unadoptable until June. Except, there were 5 of them when I saw them, and there are only 3 on Craigslist... I'm praying that they weren't killed, but it's likely as I live on a fairly busy road... :(

I feel so extremely guilty... I know I should have picked those puppies up when I first saw them. And who in their right mind would let 3 week old puppies free roam (I assume that's what's going on, I haven't been by there again since Saturday). I do not believe in free roam dogs, and unfortunately, where I live, the majority of people think it's the only way to raise dogs.

I just feel responsible in some way, and I just had to get it off my chest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Brittany

Dont let yourself feel guilt, hynsite is a wonderful thing!

It is not your fault, unfortunately some people just dont care about animlas like we all do. FACT!

Hopefully they are all ok, try not to let it get to you.

Sarah X

1 - 2 of 2 Posts