Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a new housekeeper who comes on fridays to help clean. She's nice and does a good job. So far I've been home almost all the time she's here. But now I'm worried because I finally remember where I met her.

I guess about a month ago me and Emily and my cousins and uncle were sitting in our family room playing the PS3. Emily and I are facing the windows when we both see something out in our yard running around. We bolt for the door and realize its Winston and Daisy the dogs from next door. So we go outside and close our gate on the corgi and golden. Daisy (the golden) starts just going wild and body slamming us. I know she's not trying to hurt us and is just sooooo excited that there are people, but **** it hurts being body-slammed by a wiggly golden puppy that's already about 60 lbs! Eventually we give up trying to calm annoying Daisy down and I go hang with Winston who is a rather cool (albeit fat) little pembie. Emily slips out the gate (which sends daisy into another wiggle/jump frenzy). She brings over a lady I don't know from the neighbors. She says she didn't realize the gate was open. We give her the dogs back and help her close them in their yard. I assumed she was a doggy sitter or something.

Exactly a week later I'm walking through the family room. I look out the window to see my Dad trying to corner Daisy. Daisy crouches down and then just springs straight into his side. Winston's running around the yard too. So we gather the two and bring them back and sure enough- same lady left the gate open.

Well, now I realize that that 'pet sitter' is actually the neighbor's house keeper and now OUR housekeeper. So I'm paranoid about leaving the house because I'm afraid she'll accidentally let the dogs out. I did leave once and I told her that I was kenneling all the dogs and not to let them out. What makes it worse is that the gate doesn't have to be open for our dogs to escape- they can slip through the fence. Anyways, I guess leave explicit instructions just to NOT let the dogs go potty? Like I said she's really nice...

·
Banned
335 Posts
It seems to me that the housekeeper might not like dogs very much and may be--consciously or subconsciously--leaving the gate open to let them go. If it were me I'd 1) consider hiring another housekeeper, 2) see if she could come on a different day if I could not be there, or 3) ask her not to come on days that I could not be there. I'm sure she realizes that the dogs are important to you, but it's debatable how much she cares about that herself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts