Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had a similar discussion about "outdoor" cats. I'm a firm believer in there is no such thing as an "outdoor" cat, they are strays you are feeding.** I do understand ferals though, we have a high feral population, you can't get near them, I see them with birds or mice or baby squirrels in their mouths, but I'm bothered when someone tells me they own an "outdoor" cat. So in my opinion, he says "owns" a dog that he only sees every 3 or 4 days, but he doesn't feed or water or take to the vet or keep it up to date on vaccinations, its a stray. Kudos to your friend if she really goes and gets the dog. However this could be an imaginary dog and he's just trying to rile you up.

**Forgot to mention barn cats, but my experience with barn cats are my grandparent's and they were basically trap-neuter-released feral cats that they left food out for.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'd have to disagree, I have a good friend with 4 "outdoor" cats, She has gotten them all neutered, she brings them to the vet on a regular basis for vaccines and treats them for parasites. They are most definitely HER cats and not at all strays.
She's a good person for taking care of them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts