Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm the new mom of a now 8 month old Zuchon. I've had dogs my entire adult life that were always a "surprise" (size, mixture of breeds, etc "free to good home"). My new guy is the first one I thought I knew what I was getting, since I paid money for him. As he continued to grow past his expected weight, I checked his DNA he came back 50% Bichon and 43% Shih Tzu, the other 7% unknown. The breeder and my vet said not to be concerned as all dogs come from one so it is unlikely that any dog is "pure bred" (as I assumed his mother was). Well my little guy is now tipping the scales at 23-25 lbs. How much bigger will he get. I wanted a small 13-15 pounder (he's my first indoor dog) and I can hardly lift him! He is a love bug and I wouldn't trade him for the world, just a little disappointed in his large size. I LOVE big dogs, the 2 I have now are 90-95lbs, but I wanted a small dog. Is this normal? Vet says yes as there could have been a large relative many generations ago and it's size came out in my guy. What do you think?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts