Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 11 month old german shepherd/hound mix, she loves morning walks and belly rubs. Her name is batman. When she was 4 months she was in an accident and had her two hind legs fractured. I think she is still healing from that. She does not favor her left leg and doesn't seem to be in pain, but I don't know much about dog pain. I'm here to find help with training and how to help her heal from her accident and back leg issues. Please feel free to email me any advice!
Thanks!
kathy

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Hello Kathy & Batman. Welcome.

The advice you'll mostly get for veterinary questions here is 'see your vet'. Presume you've done that with the fractures at 4 mo. Would be worth checking in again. Young bones heal rapidly. I wouldn't expect residual pain seven months after a fracture, and if the bones were set properly, I wouldn't expect favoring, either. My expectations aren't worth much, though. You really need a hands on evaluation by a vet.

Btw., you and everybody else don't know much about dog pain. Some dogs are very stoic and endure things that would be agonizing for a human with no complaint.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello!
Thanks! Batman is a rescue puppy and I just got her about a week ago from the shelter. Her previous family released her because they could not pay the vet bills. I've only had her about a week and the vet I would like to take her too doesn't have an opening until next week, which is why I thought I would ask here. She is new to us, but is very happy. She has been from home, to shelter, to foster, home to, shelter and is just very scared and confused about all her different placements. In the process no one knew her name and started calling her Randi, short for random. I looked through her papers and it turned out her real name had been Keke. I hope she gets used to us soon and that she doesn't have pain. The shelter said that the severity of the injury meant she would always have this difficulty. Thanks for the advice! We'll see what her new vet says! I'd gladly take any other knowledge or advice! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts