Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name's Chong and I live in Hawaii. Last year in May I bought(more like rescued) my pup. His name is Jack Daniels Tennessee, after the whiskey :D and he is a German Shephard/Australian Heeler mix. The day we went to go see him as a baby he was absolutely horrible looking. He was 7 weeks old, had no vaccinations, was COVERED head to toe in ticks and fleas and the woman lied about deworming him. We quickly paid her the 20$, brought him home and he whined and howled because of the enormous amount of fleas and ticks on him. Here in Hawaii Parvo is the most common killer of puppies so we immediately started on his Parvo vaccs. He went through 4 shots and had to be kept indoors for the first couple months of his life. The first day we had him he was pooping out tapeworms and gut worms so we quickly took him to the vet and treated them.

He is almost a year old now and is tick, flea, worm and Parvo free! He's the sweetest and most loving dog I've ever met. He's my boy :]
Wish I could post a picture of him.
Thanks for letting me join.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Re: yay, found a way to post a pic!

Cute puppy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's so sad. :-( I had a rescue Doberman and know how the bond feels when you've rescued them from a terrible place and they've rescued your heart. :)

You have one cute pooch!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Aww he turned out to be a really good looking guy, despite the conditions he came in! The poor baby :( good on you for rescuing him! Welcome to the community :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Love your boston pictures! We just adopted our first boston almost a year ago. What a joy they are!!
Aww he turned out to be a really good looking guy, despite the conditions he came in! The poor baby :( good on you for rescuing him! Welcome to the community :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone for the nice comments! He looks like a completely different dog then when we got him. Sorry for the lateness, my computer likes to crash lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts