Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Dog Lovers,

Many of us have dogs that have run away or have escaped before and thats when your heart really starts pounding. In order to try to ensure a reunite with your dog, many people get them Microchiped. In theory this is a good thing thats a safe guard. Some dogs develop tumors due to these chips, but the amounts are too small to think not to get them one. This isn't about saying the chips are bad or a bad idea, but there are somethings you must know because many of these chips are being rendered ineffective due to it!

The article is here: Microchipping Your Pet - Unforeseen danger you need to know about!

I hope you read it if your dog is microchipped, or if you think about getting it done! Really, it might save your dog someday.

~thranax~

·
Registered
306 Posts
It only takes a second to ask your vet to scan your pet and make sure he chip is "working". I usually have them check it when I take the dogs in for their routine check-ups and also if we are going to be taking a trip.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I think you might be trying to spread awareness about the article you wrote and can potentially make money from :p

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Mine have various ID- chip, tattoo, DNA profile. I've never found chips to be dangerous. The benefit of getting your lost dog back or proving a stolen dog is yours outweighs the small (not so proven) tumor risk. Some dogs are predisposed to tumors for those dogs there might be a risk.

You can check your dog regularly with a scanner, like once a month. If you don't gave one you can usually have your vet or shelter do it. They don't have a high fail rate but they do migrate.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I don't see any form of trying to make money. But I didn't pay much attention to the website.
You make money from the ads on your page. It's a freelance hub, of sorts, only instead of paying you for the articles, you supposedly use their "presence" on the web to make money from ads on your page.

Edit to add: In case it wasn't clear, though, I was being cheeky up above. Sort of a poke-poke, tease-tease, tone of voice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You make money from the ads on your page. It's a freelance hub, of sorts, only instead of paying you for the articles, you supposedly use their "presence" on the web to make money from ads on your page.

Edit to add: In case it wasn't clear, though, I was being cheeky up above. Sort of a poke-poke, tease-tease, tone of voice.
I use that medium because its the only place I can write and not have to pay for a host, that actually gets read. I had a blogger account and well after lots of neglect and trying to get visitors I gave up. What I did was turn in my freedoms of owning the site to one that puts THERE OWN ADS on it automatically most of the time. If I was trying to make money with that article I would have Amazon, eBay, and Kontera all active on it.

~thranax~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts