Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wondering if anyone can tell me what cross breed my dog is? When we purchased him, we were told he was a staffy x doberman. However, as he has got older people tell us he looks more like a mastiff? I need to register him with our local council in Vic Australia, but anything staffy x is considered a restricted breed and we would have to surrender him to be destroyed :( Any help would be appreciated xoxo

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wow, that looks like a Bullmastiff cross, perhaps some pitt bull or staffy mix. Her eyes and head have strong mastiff features! Google Pitt Bulls and Bulmastiff and see for yourself.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mmm pit staff mix I think, the smile tells it, I think the face is more pit / staff mix and body bullmastiff type, you can always check my profile, my boss has got a male bullmastiff and I've got a amstaff myself and pics are in there, great looking happy dog tho!
Welcome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks! I thought that he might be that paticular mix. Thank-you for helping xoxo OMG flamerost the dogs on your profile are gorgeous! I must say, my boy looks a lot like the bullmastiff! That helps me heaps!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree with the above, however your town doesnt have to know he is a staffy mix. He could pass for a mastiff mix ;)
true cause even if you did a DNA test on the pup you never know for sure if it will be true or not. could also have boxer in him. so ya just put masttiff mix

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
true cause even if you did a DNA test on the pup you never know for sure if it will be true or not. could also have boxer in him. so ya just put masttiff mix
Thanks for all the help everyone. After reading everything here, I think we can get way with registering him as a mastiff mix. Couldn't bare to have to give him up xoxo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts