Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I recently got two new dogs so I decided it would be a good thing to join a dog care forum.
I've had dogs all my life, but this is kind of a different situation.
All of the other dogs that I've had have come from loving homes and that's great, but one of my new dogs seems to have come from an abusive home.
The one that seems to have been abused is named Louie and he is 8 months old (I believe his birthday is somewhere around December 30th, 2016, though of course since he is a rescue no one really knows for sure). He is very shy around people except for me. He kind of chose me to be his person. He follows me everywhere I go. I make sure he spends time alone with other people so he's not scared but it's hard because he's still kind of apprehensive about it. He also has a problem with chewing, which is expected since he is a puppy, but some tips to help stop that would be greatly appreciated! (yes we already got him a few toys).
The other dog that we got is named Wally (although I'll probably spell it Wall-E because that's such a good movie) and he is 8 years old. The only big problems we're having with him is that he doesn't like stairs.
That's pretty much all I have to say! Sorry if the horrid grammar in this annoys you I just wanted to type this out really quick and get it up haha.
Thank you in advance for tips!

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Welcome!

Have you had Wall-E/Wally assessed by a vet for possible joint or movement issues? Stairs can be really hard for dogs who are sore, e.g., due to arthritis.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts