Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's the BEST feeling in the world when puppies finally catch on!!!

OMG, Ruby is HEELING!! And even doing so 1. in front of cats 2. UP THE STAIRS 3. DOWN the stairs.

I think I'm in heaven, I really am.

She's even sitting (!) for me -- the Terrier equivalent of "Ok, owner, I trust that you're not going to tell ANYONE about this, most specfically, the cats. Thank you. Yes, I will continue to sit for a while more. You're welcome. Don't do any Googling dog tricks or anything, I actually feel a little tired, and so this is more comfortable for ME. Oh, TREAT!! Eh, hem, yes, thank you. It has been a pleasure, I'm off to chew on my squirrel, hope to see you soon."

I didn't listen to her, I go so excited that I even Googled: how to teach your dog to play dead. :cool:

I'm obviously in WAY over my head at this point . :p

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
I thought perhaps we were witnessing the return of the Messiah when I read that Ruby is healing ;)

Congratulations on Ruby's successful heel. I'm especially impressed that she'll listen to you around cats...that's gotta be a hard one with a terrier! She's a cutie.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought perhaps we were witnessing the return of the Messiah when I read that Ruby is healing.
Oops! Well... I DID say that I thought I was in Heaven. :p

Everyone gets excited when they make a breakthrough That's the fun part of training.
It's so great to work as a team with an animal, too. Just the greatest feeling to "click" and walk together.

She is obsessed with cats, I didn't know that it was a Terrier Thing.

Today we worked on 'Down' and she definitely has the T 'Tude with that but she cannot resist the pull of turkey, hehehe. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts