Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have a now about almost 4month old Rottweilier/catahoula leopard dog got him when he was right at 8 weeks. We tried a few foods Canidea , which i use to feed my lab (hes abou 20months now) but heard they switch the formula and alot of dogs got sick. So stopped that , went to nutro and royal canine of coarse found out about nutro hard way got them off that real quick. And now there just back on Blue buffalo.

Should i be feeding the puppy large breed puppy food from blue. I always thought they were suppose to be on puppy food till about 10 or so months now i been hearing not for large breeds. Any help or a good cheaper brand of food thats comparable to blue?

cant wait till he can eat adult its a hassel trying to keep them at seperate bowls

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi....your puppy is ADORABLE!!!!

I feed my guy Blue Buffalo and he is doing fine on it....I put him on Adult food at 10 months --- if your dog likes Blue Buffalo - I wouldn't switch him....(and in my opinion....you really don't need the large breed formula)

You mentioned if there was a cheaper brand -- if possible, I wouldn't change -- cheaper brands are just that --- CHEAP!....Blue Buffalo has awesome ingredients...no fillers.

If you can mange it I wouldn't change foods except from Puppy to Adult when the time comes.:)

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Wow, cute pup! He needs to have lower calcium levels as he is going to be a large dog. If the BB you are feeding is 1% calcium I *think* it is okay for a large breed pup. EVO and other grainless kibble has far to much calcium for large breed pups though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
keep him on the large breed stuff till hes not not a pup anymore. Thats what im going to do with yogi. Blue Buffalo is good food too, don't put him on cheaper stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts