Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have 2 staffie boys, one is cross lab. They are 1 year 3 months and 1 year old. They are/were the best of friends. Friday, we had the younger one neutered (Cross lab) and all was fine, apart from a little hesitnce from the older pure staf. Saturday, we visited friends and kept their dogs outside with out boy who was happy to play with them, and kept the neutered guy inside to prevent any stitches popping. At the end of the evening we bought our boy inside to get ready to go and he did not want anything to do with us. He hid behind the couch, behind a desk in the bedroom.

The next day, Sunday, he would not come onto our bed, our usual morning ritual, I had to pick him up. He won't run up and jump on me anymore, just kind of slinks away all the time. He still plays with me when I have his ball. He lives for fetching it, but as soon as the game is up he goes back to being, For lack of a better word, depressed?

The neutered boy is fine, absolutley the same as before.

It sucks, cause he was such a lively energetic fella who loved everyone and everything. Now he seems distant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there,

First of all u should just stay clam, whatever he doeas, never get mad or depressed.
Dogs dont usually act that way unless thyre sick or miss someone for a long time.
You should tkae it to the vet if he doesnt want to be with you and tries to hide.
Maybe he tries to hide just to be somewhere quiet coz he feels bad,...

In my opinion, wait a few days, if it continues take him to the vet to check his health.
Or maybe you have done smth that made him act like that, ,, shout on him or hurt him in any way,.

Best Regards

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Maybe he is afraid he is the next to get neutered. But seriously, I would get him checked at the Vet if he keeps acting like that. Your other dog has been at the Vets and could possibly have brought home some germs as he has been around sick dogs at the Vet. Maybe he got hurt playing with the other dogs and is sore as it is since then that he has been acting like this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts