Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My 12year old terroir has been very poorly this week. She went off her food last weekend and would only eat people food and then by Monday wouldn't eat anything. I had given her a gammon bone on the Sunday to try cheer her up and she ate the meat off it and left the bone as she normally does. Tried to walk her tuesday and she was so slow to the point where she stopped and I had to carry her home. Took her to the vet who seemed to think it was to do with the bone and gave me 2 enemas to give her. I'm not convinced it was the bone as she was acting off before she had it. She picked up again on wednesday and ate a bit of chicken but has since gone downhill again. She can barely walk and not eating. She is drinking fine though. Ended up taking her to the er vet today as its good Friday, so expensive! Vet gave her anti sickness jab, antibiotic jab, fluids and gave me liquid food to syringe in her mouth. he said if she's no better tomorrow to bring her back for blood tests. Has anyone else had this problem?? She has no temperature and vet seems to think her stomach is fine as she was relaxed. Her heart and breathing is fine. And she doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. Please help. I've had her for 12 years and she is my world!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Has she eaten anything yet?, and when i mean anything that includes human food, Holly was sick a while back, went off her dog food, tried her with chicken she did not touch that either, very tired, took her to the vet and she had some sort of bug, i cannot remember the name it was quite a long name and even if i could i would not now how to spell it, she got tablets and some squirty stuff which was food to get some fat back on her.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vet has given me liquid food to syringe into her mouth every couple of hours. She's pretty good at taking it bless her, but I think it's more to do with her being to poorly to refuse rather than her actually wanting it. Really hope she has perked up by the morning. He has also given me some hydration stuff to put in her water

·
Registered
5 Posts
your dog is like people.we slow up when we get older.I don't think he will ever go back to being a puppy,so prepare yourself.Be kind give him your best love but take him to a vet to be sure he has no parasites.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unfortunately my beautiful little Millie passed away on Friday night. We are completely heart broken :-( The vet thinks that she must of had some kind of underlining issue that we didn't know about. R.I.P princess xxxxxx

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
unfortunately my beautiful little Millie passed away on Friday night. We are completely heart broken :-( The vet thinks that she must of had some kind of underlining issue that we didn't know about. R.I.P princess xxxxxx

I am so very sorry for your loss. Run free little Millie ........

Millie will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge and I am sure she knows how much she is loved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts