Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for fun... What human sport do you think your dog would play?

Mesa would definitely play rugby. Life for her is a full contact sport and the only way to get from Point A to Point B is a straight line, regardless of what is in the way. I can just picture her pushing her way around a scrum.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Ben? Definitely track and field. Probably the 100m or 110m with hurdles. Ben is definitely a sprinter. And he pretty much FLIES.

Dahlia? Um...fantasy football? Freestyle napping? Hot dog eating contests? Really I think she would have been a referee or something. YOU ARE PLAYING TOO ROUGH! STOP NOW!!! *blows whistle* I don't think there are sports for the fun police, but being a referee would have been right up her alley.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Kai would almost definitely love soccer. Her jolly soccer ball is her favorite toy and loves pushing it around.

Ember would probably be obsessed with some kind of frisbee based thing like Disc Golf. Or Tennis.. because ball.

Hah now I'm imagining my dogs as people in a High School. Kai would be a loud crazy tomboy with her friends and very pretty but kinda shy with strangers. Ember would be the girl everyone thinks is joking when she sarcastically and passive aggressively bitches them out. She would be obsessed with her sports and want nothing to do with other students. :p

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'm thinking professional wrestler. One of her nicknames is Brutilla. LOL!

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Brae would be MMA, all the way.

Soro too. But he would be like someone who plays dirty, doesn't follow the rules, doesn't shake the opponent's hand.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Ida is already really into soccer so probably that. I think Snowball would play boles/lawn bowling.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Ginger would be playing tag but she is never IT. Or maybe dodge ball.
Bucky? Maybe tennis, he likes to flip the ball back to me when we are playing fetch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Luna would have so been into baseball she'd have been a great catcher!
Sprocket would rather sit on the sidelines of any sport and complain about how they are all doing it wrong only stopping long enough to take a bite of hotdog not everyone can be great at sports lol
Wait
Is eating a sport? He's fantastic at that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
358 Posts
My Aussie would be a running back, no doubt. She has escaped twice and runs like crazy. Maybe a linebacker, she has rounded up the neighbors six horses and tackled a 300 pound runaway sheep.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Molly LOVES all kinds of balls, big ones, little ones, anything that rolls. Probably soccer, but would never get to the goal since she loves chasing it so much. Until the ball comes out she sits and watches, waiting for her chance to steal it !!
IMG_0361 (2).jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Pepper would play football or be a wrestler. Any kind of contact sport really.

Kane would probably play golf - easy pace and little human interaction.

·
Registered
26 Posts
India would play baseball (she's a great fielder). She's the energizer dog when she runs and always returns the ball to me. Navarre would be a wrestler as he often tries to with the other dogs at the dog park!

·
Registered
11,300 Posts
Chester-- cross country running in his younger days, now maybe orienteering for a bit slower place travel through the woods. Or, if anyone is familiar with them, a Hash House Harrier jogger

Eva-- cheerleader. Pretty blonde athlete who can jump and spin on a dime and likes to yell (aka bark)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tractor pull for sure.

In the video Doc is pulling me, 240 lbs, on a full size soft tire mountain bike. With a Garmin GPS he averages 17 - 20.5 MPH for 3 - 4.5 miles. His top speed is 26 MPH when a squirrel decided to run straight down the path instead of crossing like most of them do. His difference in performance seems to be temperature related. His sweet spot is when it's in the high 50s.

He's under a Vets care who understands what he does and he's on a high protein diet.v I'm very careful to watch for any signs of discomfort. I limit this to 3x over 2 weeks.

I don't recommend this unless the dog is very well trained to stay next to the front wheel despite any distractions. In the video, you can see both sets of hydraulic brakes are mounted on the left side of the handle bars.

Doc is a bit like a rocket engine. Once I give him the go command there's no turning back at least for the first 1/2 mile.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts