Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
while on a walk, what breed would you think she was? I was just asked if she was a Maltese/poodle mix. I see the Maltese but not the poodle. I told them it was a good guess though,lol
here are pics I just took of her this morning.

She was just shaved not long ago but here is what she looks like in winter

P.S. When people ask what she is i just say an "good ol' American Mutt",lol.

ETA: She does have maltese in her. her mom was a maltese/beagle/ shi-tzu mix.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I'd think Maltese x Border Terrier, but then, we're probably a bad group to ask. The average person isn't too aware of most of the breeds, so anything with a black muzzle is a GSD, anything small and fluffy is a poodle, anything black and tan is a Doberman or Rottweiler and any hound is a beagle.

Most people think this is a Golden Retriever puppy.

In fact, when I told one guy that Kabota is 3 years old at least, he said, "No, he's not. He's a puppy, you'll see." Yeah, 7 months later, still the same size.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Truthfully ... I was thinking a Havanese/Poodle mix. :)

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
I was thinking three things: 1) Cairn Terrier Mix or 2) Catalan Sheepdog mix (I know they're rare, but that's immediately what I thought of after #1) and 3) Pyr Shepherd mix. I like the name and spelling for your dog. She's very cute.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
As my vet told me, there's terrier in there. :)
there is :D her dad(okay i will get all fancy here and say Sire) had Pit bull in him:D Along with 4 other breeds,haha.

I was thinking three things: 1) Cairn Terrier Mix or 2) Catalan Sheepdog mix (I know they're rare, but that's immediately what I thought of after #1) and 3) Pyr Shepherd mix. I like the name and spelling for your dog. She's very cute.
Thank you!! Most people are surprised by her spelling but it's not as "original" as the M-A-Y spelling.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
In fact, when I told one guy that Kabota is 3 years old at least, he said, "No, he's not. He's a puppy, you'll see." Yeah, 7 months later, still the same size.
Haha I get people who think Jubel is a puppy quite often. Mostly I think it's because he's just happy and bouncy a lot of the time and people attribute that to puppies alone, others simply think he should be bigger so has to be a puppy. He's just under 50# and close to 4.5 years old. A few times people have thought he's older because he's got some white ticking on his muzzle, they think his muzzle is greying.

OP if I had to put forth a guess on Mae I'd only be able to say terrier mix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts