Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm at a pretty big turning point in my life, I think.

I recently got my anxiety and depression under control, thanks to the help of an amazing family member who has helped relieve me of some of the main things causing me issues. That was the big thing that really set me on this new track.

I made the decision to pursue a bachelor's degree in Exercise Science (starting in January) and then it's a toss up between whether I will pursue a master's in Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy. I'll have time to decide along the way, both fields are similar but have their distinct differences. I had been having a hard time deciding exactly what I wanted to do but now that I know I feel so fantastic.

I also left my long term SO. Nothing in particular spurred this into action - it is more a combination of things that have happened over the years and feelings that have faded. I really feel that it is the best choice for me, and for her, and that it was unfair of me to keep dragging the relationship out if I am no longer feeling the same way towards her. We are both young (20 and 24) with so much ahead of us.

Basically I just want to share with everyone the big changes that I've made in my life and maybe inspire some of you to take the leaps and bounds necessary to be truly happy in life. The thought of 4-6 more years of school is daunting, and leaving my SO was very hard and painful, but both are things that I need to do in order to be truly happy and live the life that I want to.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Sorry to hear about your break up. But better to do it now than to commit to something that will be much more difficult to get out of later I think. And if you're not completely happy now it won't get any better in the relationship.

Good luck with your schooling :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your breakup! Thank you for this. I recently got out of a 3 year relationship myself. Its been hard, he was my first real serious relationship and we were living together but he has a lot of growing up to do and I need to figure out who I am. We were so different and it was comfortable but I wasn't happy. Everything about my life was "comfortable" I wasn't inspired or motivated...and I feel like I'm too young to settle for "comfort." Its been 3 weeks and everyday is different, sometimes I'm afraid I'll be alone for the rest of my life but then I remember I'm 25 and there's gotta be someone out there who's demons play well with mine.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry to hear about your breakup! Thank you for this. I recently got out of a 3 year relationship myself. Its been hard, he was my first real serious relationship and we were living together but he has a lot of growing up to do and I need to figure out who I am. We were so different and it was comfortable but I wasn't happy. Everything about my life was "comfortable" I wasn't inspired or motivated...and I feel like I'm too young to settle for "comfort." Its been 3 weeks and everyday is different, sometimes I'm afraid I'll be alone for the rest of my life but then I remember I'm 25 and there's gotta be someone out there who's demons play well with mine.
Wow, that's almost exactly the situation that I am in, haha. It feels terrifying, but also... gratifying? to make the leap out of your comfort zone.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear about your break up. But better to do it now than to commit to something that will be much more difficult to get out of later I think. And if you're not completely happy now it won't get any better in the relationship.

Good luck with your schooling :)
Thank you! :) I haven't been happy for a while, I gave it some time thinking maybe it would pass - relationships have ups and downs of course. But I realized that it's just not going to work and it's time to go separate ways.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wow, that's almost exactly the situation that I am in, haha. It feels terrifying, but also... gratifying? to make the leap out of your comfort zone.
Thats a great way to put it because it is scary...its change but theres still something deep down that tells you its what needs to be done.
I would love to blame it on the retrograde lmao but I'm sure, if you're like me...those feelings had been there for a while.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for that post. I don't know why, but you have really cheered me up. I hope that you will never regret your decisions and that everything will be just all right. Good luck!

·
Registered
320 Posts
ACK! I am so excited for you, and I also need to make a move like yours. Although the financial commitment has me scared of going to grad school...clearly I'm not there yet, but it's good to hear that you made a big change and felt better for it!

·
Banned
5 Posts
I'm obsessed with my college life and I can't say I'm happy because of it. I have so many tasks to do that I almost have no time for them. But recently I bumped into an assignment help company and now I'm considering using their services. What do you think of it? Would you use them or not? And if not then why?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts