Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Animal Planets' "Dogs 101" is misleading (some say). Any other suggestions?

I like to watch/read things about breed types in my spare time. Anyone know of a good resource?

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Re: If Animal Planets' "Dogs 101" is misleading (some say). Any other suggestions?

If you have any particular breeds in mind, there is often a national breed club with a website filled with information on that breed. Just search "<Breed> Club of America" or "National <Breed> Club" and you will likely get some hits.

Bear in mind that some have more information than others, and that they are written by folks who are a fan of/invested in the breed in question, but it's a good place to start.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: If Animal Planets' "Dogs 101" is misleading (some say). Any other suggestions?

I always recommend breed specific forums. Not just for asking about the breed, but reading topics and posts to get a general feel of the breed. I personally think it's a good way to almost get a "hands on" feel of the breed.

After which if you're still interested in the breed, fostering for a breed specific rescue helps to hammer down the decision.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Honestly though, I can't say I watch the things for education, so much as entertainment i guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts