Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
I could understand it if it was a... bracelet or a ring or something.

But what. An. Idiot. You're right, Animalcracker, no wonder he dumped her!

·
Registered
640 Posts
No words... I wish I could offer her an exchange. I would get the pups, she would get SERIOUS THERAPY.

·
Banned
414 Posts
What an unfeeling jerk. Hope she never gets another living thing again. Those dogs deserve a loving stable home. Good thing she didn't have kids with the guy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think it would be fitting to spam this selfish witch with emails telling her just how awful she is. If she has no bond to the dog and just wants to give it away, that really doesn't make her much of a person. A dog should remind you of the freaking dog, not another person. I got my dog with my current boyfriend, if he ever dumped me or I dumped him, there's no way I'd give up my dog just because I have memories of the two of them together. I want to call her a lot of things that this forum would ban me for. x.x

·
Registered
34 Posts
Honestly I dont' understand some of the harsh repsonses this woman is getting and lack of compassion for what she may be going through. It doesn't matter if they are braceltes or dogs if they're something that remind her of a breakup so painful that she doesn't want to be around them then wouldn't it be better for her to give them to a home that could provide them with all the love and devotion they deserve rather then to keep them and feel an undeserved resentment towards them because of a bad memory she can't get rid of? No it's not they're fault this happened, but it's also not her fault that her boyfriend got her a gift and now she can't stand to have them around because it reminds her to much of him. Not to mention we dont' know the details of the breakup. Maybe she was with this guy for a very long time. Maybe he cheated on her with her best friend behind her back. I don't think I would want any reminders of that either no matter what they were.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Oh, please. So if the ex and this girl had a CHILD together she would be doing the right thing in getting rid of it to save herself from memories of their relationship, too? I know, maybe she could trade it in at the adoption agency for another one that wouldn't remind her of that part of her life. That's nice.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Honestly I dont' understand some of the harsh repsonses this woman is getting and lack of compassion for what she may be going through. It doesn't matter if they are braceltes or dogs if they're something that remind her of a breakup so painful that she doesn't want to be around them then wouldn't it be better for her to give them to a home that could provide them with all the love and devotion they deserve rather then to keep them and feel an undeserved resentment towards them because of a bad memory she can't get rid of? No it's not they're fault this happened, but it's also not her fault that her boyfriend got her a gift and now she can't stand to have them around because it reminds her to much of him. Not to mention we dont' know the details of the breakup. Maybe she was with this guy for a very long time. Maybe he cheated on her with her best friend behind her back. I don't think I would want any reminders of that either no matter what they were.
Or maybe she should suck it up and stick it out until she can look at her dogs and see only her dogs. Like many things it takes a little time. Shocker.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
This is why you don't give dogs as gifts. Plus, she can't spell or write a proper sentence. If we're being harsh, it's because we believe that dogs aren't disposable or 'regifts' per se. What she should realize is that at least she got two good dogs out of a bad relationship. Well, I hope someone replies to her and gives those dogs a good home because I shudder to think of how she is caring for them right now. Hopefully, there will be no exchange for another dog because if it doesn't work out, then she will just get rid of them on Craigslist.

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
If a break up is that shattering, then you didn't have much before you even met the guy. Really and truly. A person must be their own selves defined by who they are.. not so attached to another that the loss of the other goes beyond sorrow from which one can recover. Relationships are not a circle within a circle.. they are two individual circles that cross a little on one edge....

Her better bet would be to say, "My BF got me two dogs. I decided I could not afford all three so I got rid of the BF and kept the dogs... "

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Yep ... kinda reminds me of when hubby & I divorced ... had to re-home our 3 kids cuz they reminded me sooo much of the ex :rolleyes:

She needs to grow up. Hopefully the dogs will end up in a very good forever home, where they're loved for being THEM, & hopefully she wont ever have another "token of love"!

BTW - I should point out I didn't really re-home my kids - would no more think about re-homing my dogs than my kids due to a break up. I was just being sarcastic.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
To bad I wasn't closer, I could trade her my stuffed Great Dane for the female Rottie. That way she wouldn't damage any other dog and I could save at least one of the two pups. :( Poor babies will be better without that idiot. Hopefully a miracle occurs and they make their way into a good home. Billing a dog as looking mean certainly doesn't make the good homes all line up in hopes of adopting the dogs. :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts