Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave Cherokee a bully stick because I'm tired and want him to leave me alone. He hasn't even chewed it but he has now "buried" it three times. He is going from couch to couch and putting it in the cracks of the cushions and obsessively pushing invisible dirt over it. Unfortunately it is one of the smelly ones. I may have to kick him outside with it. Silly dog.

Does anyone else have a dog that, if they aren't hungry, will bury a chew and save it for later?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
They lay on them so they don't have to share. They have thankfully figured out there is no dirt in here but they do try to hide them from each other. My dogs have their "idiot dog moments" when they try to eat random objects - like a one inch square plastic container container of lipstick. I didn't let her but she sure tried. Idiot.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Caeda keeps walking around with a really long bully stick and can't quite figure out why its harder to go through doorways or walk between our legs. Idiot lol.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's now moved it several more places and is keeping guard so the cat won't get it. (As if the cat wants it). I guess my mission was accomplished of keeping him busy! He hasn't pestered me all night :)

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
LOL! I can't imagine Poca not attacking a bully stick right away (like she is right now). I totally understand the cat thing and am on Cherokee's side on that one. :)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Um, my roommate discovered that Kaki will bury used tampons in the couch cushions. Those don't count as chewies though do they?

Kaki also hides her bully sticks. She'll hide them under the coffee table as if the other dogs that are less than 1/3 her size can't fit in her secret place. She's a real thinker!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Dexter does exactly what you described with the couch cushions. All the time.

I even gave him a whole chicken one night. While I was sleeping, he ripped it apart and shoved it piece by piece in the couch. I was not happy.

I think he looks mostly idiotic when he insists on bringing his favorite stuffed toy (a pink pig) on our walk. That looks very smart for a big big dog.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Just as I thought, there are other idiot dogs out there LOLOLOL
AND(this is my new favorite story) I work with a golden that had an idiot moment that almost gave me a heart attack. I had the tennis balls out but I watch like a hawk with them because they can be detroyed and swallowed so easily. I turned around for a second to answer the phone and suddenly one of the balls was unaccounted for. I was almost in tears looking for it and narrowing down the list of suspects that might have eaten it. Lo and behold, this golden hides toys under/around her senior citizen sister. Seriously, you can't see them in all that coat! I was sooo pissed and relieved!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Another idiot dog story...
My dog will get so excited she will run into anything...namely the glass door. Not just any glass door - this has blinds on it and be the blinds open or closed the dog will attempt to go through the glass. Not regular doors - just glass doors even if there is something there clearly indicating the door cannot be just ran through.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts