Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! This is Griff, he’s about 13 wks and 20lbs. We rescued him when he had been turned into animal control with two broken legs after being hit by a car.

The rescue organization and initial vetting suggested he was a beagle mix...but he just keeps growing! We’ve also heard some say Rhodesian, boxer, GSD, lab or blood hound. Any ideas or suggestions? Obviously, we love him no matter what - we’d just love to have a better idea of what breeds he may have to better train him! So far, we know that he can run FAST even with a broken leg, he has a really strong nose but isn’t very good at following it yet (though he tries with his nose to the ground, adorably), and he has quite a voice.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I could believe boxer is in there. The most accurate way to tell is a DNA test, and even the best of those are constantly trying to improve their algorithms, so it's still not 100%, just a better guess than trying to go by looks, haha.

Real cutie, though! Thank you so much for taking him in and getting him the medical care and love he needs.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I'm only seeing a couple of pictures, but my guess would be Lab with something else (possibly several something elses), since he's got some sable coloration.

Cute pup.

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
I vote for Lab mix, check to see if he has webbed feet? Although he could be a Lab x German Shepherd mix [See my avatar/profile picture], I think his eyes are little different for a GSD mix. Since DaySleepers suggests boxer, I could believe a Lab x Boxer ...

·
Registered
33 Posts
He's super cute. Looks a lot like my dog. We THINK she's a Golden/Boxer/Lab. She's almost 9 years old, and weighs 66 lbs (SHOULD be 62). Your puppy is a little bigger than she was at that age, she was 16 lbs. at 13 weeks.
We did the DNA and it's a total joke.
This is my dog as a puppy and at 8 years old.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I vote for Lab mix, check to see if he has webbed feet? Although he could be a Lab x German Shepherd mix [See my avatar/profile picture], I think his eyes are little different for a GSD mix. Since DaySleepers suggests boxer, I could believe a Lab x Boxer ...
He DOES have webbed feet - what does that mean!? His ears are also changing these days....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts